• Registered
Dont know where to start really or what is/could be relevant to grandsons condition! Very shortly after he was born he went in to opiate withdrawl & was given meds for 9 weeks to overcome this. he has always been very active & hard to settle. Without going into too much detail he has lead a very unsettled life until we obtained the SGO just over a year ago. He does have contact with his maternal family & becomes very upset when we leave him & on his return to us his behaviour is more erratic & agressive.
He is becoming more & more violent at all times & is hyper beyond belief. He is can just change from being a loving little boy to a monster, not just 'normal' childhood tantrums.I sought help from my H/V who sent the nursery nurse to work with him but there was no improvement,& she witnessed many of his outbursts. So he was refered to a child psychologist, who is now doing the assessment. He has outbursts at school, so they have called in the ed psych (long waiting list though!) . I have an Early Years Intervention worker coming to see us now & the nursery nurse still comes to see him. A probable diagnosis of ADHD has been mentioned, & I have been advised to apply for DLA .
Reading alot of the posts on here his problems seem minor & I feel I shouldnt be on here Blush

• Moderators
hi Grandma1
i wouldnt say what you have described is minor, it is very hard to be going through what you are and that is what i found this site to be good at, being there whether you feel it is minor or not, you can get great advice and just having someone saying they will listen is a great help. the problems i have now are nothing to what some on here are going through but i hopefully have done the hardest part but i still ask for help even if its something small as someone might have gone through the same thing and can offer some ideas on what to do.

hope you enjoy the site, i only joined a couple of months ago and now u cant shut me up lol
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Administrators
I know you may not be able to say too much but did your grandson ever spend time in care or was he with parents for a while and then taken away at a later date?
Its just i have a feeling about something and with this i could maybe point you in the direction to show your doctors.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
(01-13-2010, 10:41 PM)corinne Wrote: hi Grandma1
i wouldnt say what you have described is minor, it is very hard to be going through what you are and that is what i found this site to be good at, being there whether you feel it is minor or not, you can get great advice and just having someone saying they will listen is a great help. the problems i have now are nothing to what some on here are going through but i hopefully have done the hardest part but i still ask for help even if its something small as someone might have gone through the same thing and can offer some ideas on what to do.

hope you enjoy the site, i only joined a couple of months ago and now u cant shut me up lol
corinne

Aww Corinne, I feel so much better now! He has all sorts of odd behaviours too, which I keep finding coming up on peoples posts. Like the lining up of cars, zoning out ...... loads of things. His assessment has been ongoing for a few month now & I was told today it will be going to tier 3, what ever that means. All this is so new to me & I'm the kind of person who needs to know the facts & as much info as I can get, hence joining the site. It really helps to when you know other people are going through similar experiences.
speak soon
grandma xx
(01-13-2010, 10:45 PM)Daniel Wrote: I know you may not be able to say too much but did your grandson ever spend time in care or was he with parents for a while and then taken away at a later date?
Its just i have a feeling about something and with this i could maybe point you in the direction to show your doctors.

The site wont let me Pm you Daniel!!!!!
(01-13-2010, 10:45 PM)Daniel Wrote: I know you may not be able to say too much but did your grandson ever spend time in care or was he with parents for a while and then taken away at a later date?

How do I send you a PM DanielHuh

• Administrators
You have to have 6 or more posts so one more post and your awayBlush
We do it to prevent spam!
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE