• Administrators
Hello grandma1,Thank you for joining Parents of disabled children and i hope you find the site useful.
From me and all the members of Parents of disabled children a big hello and please feel free to introduce you and your family.

Hope you enjoy the forum and if there is anything we can help you with just let us know or if you can help our other members out please jump in and get involved.

We are one big family here and we welcome all new members.
Look forward to hearing from you and reading the introduction to your family.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
Thank you Daniel for your warm welcome, just finding my way around the site at the mo. My grandson is 4 & half is currently being assessed for behaviour problems very possibly ADHD. I will do a full intoduction soon & I'm sure I'll be asking some questions in the very near future.

• Administrators
Well done for joining.
The reason i say well done is that many parents often feel that they are being critised by there own parents and get alot of negative feedback from parents(Grandparents) and this can make parents feel very lonely.
I think its a great thing that you have got involved and you are looking for help and support for your family as they will need it.
Get involved on the forum and any questions the great members here will quickly help you.

• Registered
(01-13-2010, 09:30 PM)Daniel Wrote: Well done for joining.
The reason i say well done is that many parents often feel that they are being critised by there own parents and get alot of negative feedback from parents(Grandparents) and this can make parents feel very lonely.
I think its a great thing that you have got involved and you are looking for help and support for your family as they will need it.
Get involved on the forum and any questions the great members here will quickly help you.

My husband & I are Kinship carers for our grandson, we have a Special Guardianship order for him. Unfortunately he is unable to live with his parents

• Administrators
(01-13-2010, 09:41 PM)grandma1 Wrote:
(01-13-2010, 09:30 PM)Daniel Wrote: Well done for joining.

My husband & I are Kinship carers for our grandson, we have a Special Guardianship order for him. Unfortunately he is unable to live with his parents
Sorry for putting my size 11 shoes in there....Blush
Still its great to see you getting upto date and involved in it all as you are and actively seeking support and information.
What stage are you at now with assesments and what gave you concerns in the first place?