• VIP
Hi everyone, want to share my good? news Alex is having his 1st overnight at our local respite centre. after lots of fighting for 12 months we have set the president Alex is the youngest child to go there. he has had 3 months of daytime settling in sessions and we all feel ready for the big one. tomorrows the day we will be dropping him off at 3pm weds and not collecting him until thursday at 2pm a whole 24 hrs. i have wanted this for so long i cant belive its here i also cant belive the way iam feeling scared. not sure why? i know he will be looked after and entertained no end, he isnt a child that cant be left, he dosnt get upset as long as someone is singing to him hes happy. yet i feel really emotional. the good thing that has come out of this is that 2 other children of simlar age are going through the assessment process and will also be using the service soon.
I never thought it would happen to me.

• VIP
I'd be very emotional too but once you've adjusted to it then make sure you take some time to do something nice for yourself & don't just sit there worrying or not knowing what to do with yourself (which is precisely what I'd be doing!)
Hope it goes well for you both,

Jayne

• VIP
Awk thats great that you have finally got respite :-) Its like part of you is missing when your child is away , but you'll be grand , just think of how much better it will be for you and your son . Hope he has a great time and you get some rest ,xxx
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• VIP
(04-19-2011, 08:37 PM)lexie lamb Wrote: Hi everyone, want to share my good? news Alex is having his 1st overnight at our local respite centre. after lots of fighting for 12 months we have set the president Alex is the youngest child to go there. he has had 3 months of daytime settling in sessions and we all feel ready for the big one. tomorrows the day we will be dropping him off at 3pm weds and not collecting him until thursday at 2pm a whole 24 hrs. i have wanted this for so long i cant belive its here i also cant belive the way iam feeling scared. not sure why? i know he will be looked after and entertained no end, he isnt a child that cant be left, he dosnt get upset as long as someone is singing to him hes happy. yet i feel really emotional. the good thing that has come out of this is that 2 other children of simlar age are going through the assessment process and will also be using the service soon.

wow brilliant! im sure you will feel torn when and a bit scared, i would be too! hope this becomes a regular event and you manage to relax xxx

Mam to Thea aged 4, and Nate nearly 7 months hypotonia, breathing difficulties ( oxygen and BIPAP), dysmorphic features, undiagnosed genetically as yet.HeartHeartHeart

• VIP
thaks for suggestion about bed for alfie it sounds like something that could be ideal for him will defo look into it!
hope your son's first night away has gone well, you must be so ready for itHeart
were all angels in waiting!!