• Registered
Hi, I am a new member and am really looking for some people in a similar situation to talk to.
Feel like i need some support. My son has hemiplegia a form of cerebral palsy.

Anything you want to say or talk about would be appreciated.

Kate

• Registered
Hiya and welcome ... my daughter has 4 limb cerebral palsey spastic type Quadri......... Confused i dont mind a good chat now and then ( well most the time really but shhhhhhhh ) i have been on here since i joined its an absolute great site...

• Registered
(04-13-2011, 03:01 AM)jan63 Wrote: Hiya and welcome ... my daughter has 4 limb cerebral palsey spastic type Quadri......... Confused i dont mind a good chat now and then ( well most the time really but shhhhhhhh ) i have been on here since i joined its an absolute great site...

Hi Jan thanks for your reply. Do you mind telling me a bit more about your daughter? i have never had the chance to talk to anyone else who cares for a child with cerebral palsy.
My son is nearly 4 and doesnt walk or crawl or anything like that. He has limited speech and his understanding has been put at 18 months.

Hope you are having a nice day.

kate

• Registered
Hiya kate... Lucy is 11 years old she also doesnt walk or crawl nor roll for that matter her speach is really good and cos she has spent a lot of time around adults she can hold a conversation ... Lucy is a triplet her other 2 sisters are fine ... its been a hard struggle and sometimes when i am feeling down i often wonder had i had more time could she of walked but who knows eh ... we have hoists and stuff in place for her and i do have to say it does seem to of got harder as she has got older not really sure on what you would like to know but like i said in my earlier post im usually around.
Hope you are all well x take care x Jan

• VIP
(04-12-2011, 09:08 PM)Kate Bulman Wrote: Hi, I am a new member and am really looking for some people in a similar situation to talk to.
Feel like i need some support. My son has hemiplegia a form of cerebral palsy.

Anything you want to say or talk about would be appreciated.

Kate

hi kate iam new too, my son is 3 and doesn't have a diagnosis but the 8 doctors he's under have mentioned cerebal palsy on many occations. He has hypotonia, he can sit up and is bottom shuffling just but can't stand and his speech is just baby babbles. he has severe learning difficulties, patial potosis, nystagmus, and an undiagnosed nuroligical disorder. we're awaiting results of genetic tests. i joined cos i wanted some support too. although weve had a great team around alfie and he started at a nursery at a special needs school which has made a big difference to us and alfie sometimes you just want someone else to talk to
were all angels in waiting!!