• VIP
Well can you believe it??

He put them on straight away, after telling the optician "no" when she tried to put them on him, nad he kept them on for 20 minutes with the promise of a cake!! We went round the shops and he decided to take them off for about 15 minutes, he then put them back on when I asked him to and they stayed on another hour!!

Since then he has pretty much worn them all the time, only taking them off every so often. I made up a lovely social story on the pc full of photos of me and his Dad in glasses and postman Pat and little cook small etc... he doesn't even need it lol

How I underestimated my little fella, I'm really proud of him Angel
Keely x

• VIP
Oh wow I am so very happy for you (Envious Tongue but very happy)

Really glad he is getting on with them and hope he continues to.
Will I EVER stop having to fight for my son to have what he NEEDS!? Huh

• VIP
(04-18-2011, 10:26 PM)lubynoo Wrote: Oh wow I am so very happy for you (Envious Tongue but very happy)

Really glad he is getting on with them and hope he continues to.

lol thanks! How are you getting on?

One thing I have done to reinforce him wearing them is a social story. Maybe that might help your little one?

I made up a booklet on the pc and called it "Thomas wears glasses".
In it I did these pages with pictures...
(pic of glasses) I wear Mr men glasses to make my eyes better
I know other people who wear glasses...
people i love (pic of Mum and Dad
Some of my favourite tv characters....
Postman Pat (pic) Little Cook Small (pic) Doc from snow white (pic) Simon from the chipmunks (pic)
I have a special cloth to keep my glasses clean (pic)
At night time I put my glasses in a special case to keep them safe until morning (pic)

We also tell him he has to wear glasses if he watches tv, if he takes them off then we turn tv off

Don't know if that's any help x x
Keely x

• VIP
Thank you for the advice I have been trying everything and I did do a social story but I will try your one see if it makes a difference. He puts them on but then takes them off instantly and we are now on about the 13th pair in a few months he just snaps them and squishes them and throws them. I tried an around the neck thing so he would have a harder time getting them off but he still did. I wear glasses sometimes (more for fashoin reason I now superficial or what hee hee) but I said oh wear them like mummy. Nope. I hope it soon gets sorted :S. He doesn't even care that he can't see properly, in fact when we go to see a 3D film in the cinema he is fine to watch it without the 3D glasses because he says that it is "normal" so he must have REALLY fuzzy eyes all the time Sad
Will I EVER stop having to fight for my son to have what he NEEDS!? Huh

• VIP
Oh Gawd lol you got me stumped!!
Keely x