• Registered
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone's child is on Rispiridone for helping with severe behaviour problems even though no mental health diagnosis has been made? And has it helped?

• Registered
(04-12-2011, 11:36 AM)saminai2007 Wrote: Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone's child is on Rispiridone for helping with severe behaviour problems even though no mental health diagnosis has been made? And has it helped?
Hi. My 11 year old son is on respiridone for behavioural problems. He is on a low dose ( 0.5 mls, twice a day ). I think it helps a bit. If the dose was increased it may be better but I am reluctant to increase it. I have not noticed any side effects, except for weight gain due to a massively increased appetite. So that can be something to watch.

My son has been on this this twice before, and is now as he had exhausted the other behaviour drugs, for one reason or another. Most of them just had no effect.

For my son this drug has had some slight calming effects, but difficult behaviours have remained the same. Like I said though he is on a low dose. I was very concerned about this drug at the beginning, being an anti-psychotic, but let's face it all of the standard behaviour drugs aren't much different really.

My son has no mental health problems as such, just severe learning difficulties, and extreme behaviour.