• Administrators
I have been wondering how to write this and in all honesty im finding it a little hard to write as im still dumfounded by the events of the last 24 hours.
Yesterday evening me and Lucy were at home with the 3 Children when two police officers attended the property and wanted me to attend an interview under caution for an alleged offence.
Upon enquiring what this offence was it was stated that we had tried to gain entry into a website without permision and were being questioned under the computer missue act 1990.

Last year we joined another website which they could be possibly classed as a rival and we made a post promoting parents of disabled children upon making this post the admin staff on this other forum were a little harsh and stated there site had more member area and there site was more secure to members and we had stated that there software wasnt a particually safe piece of software and had well known security issues which could be verified independtly.

Later that evening i tried to login to this other forum and was unable to and i had assumed that i had entered my password incorrectly so had tried again to enter using my password but in a diffrent typecase but again this did not work i then tried to enter my profile but it did not work.

I then emailed this website owner and got no response.

As far as i was concerned that was the end of the matter and we never went onto this website again.

However the website owners made a report to police and stated that we had tried to login to the website without permission and a statement was made back in July 2010 but again i was unaware of this until yesterday.

Yesterday i was interviewed under caution and the substance of the complaint was that after being banned (Which they did not inform me) that i had attempted to login to my account.

So a complaint was made that I HAD TRIED TO LOGIN TO MY ACCOUNT a couple of times even though i was unaware i could not access and thought i had entered the wrong password.
How many people have tried to login to an email account lets say and its said the password was not correct so you have tried again?
This is the depth of there allegation.

Straight away we were aware that there was no complaint to answer to and we defended our postion.

I am deeply shocked that such a complaint with no substance was ever investigated in the first place and even more shocked that the website charity owners felt it was a good use of police time.

Obviously during the interview this so called allegation was put to me and was denied straight away and the legal postion from our part was made very clear that no offences were commited and the police accepted this.

Following on from the interview it was decided that no further action should be taken as there was no evidence and it wasnt in the public intrest.

Now on a personal note i am shocked that a charity proclaiming to support parents and carers of disabled children felt it was fair to have a parent taken into the local police station in which time was important to myself and meant that Lucy had to do bedtime for all 3 Children yesterday evening and caused my son to have a major meltdown because daddy had gone and im always there at bedtime.

So due to a complaint with no substance whatsover my children were upset and made Lucys life a lot harder.

When we set up this website we did so as we know it can be a lonely place having a child with special needs and we wanted to provide a place where parents can have a chin wag and get to know friends who can relate to there lifestyle yet it appears that another forum does not like the fact we offer a valued resource with very useful information and we will carry on doing this.

We at Parents of disabled children are commited to growing this forum and keeping it a fantastic resource for all parents across the UK.

We will not allow a so called "rival" to try and stiffle the competition and we will give in to what i personally class as "underhand" tactics by making allegations which have no substance in law whatsoever.
We at Parents of disabled children believe in freedom of speech providing its lawful and want you members to have a fantastic place to meet and chat and rest assured we will carry on doing what we are doing and a so called "rival" will have no bearing on what we do at Parents of disabled children.

If this so called "Rival" is reading this im sorry you feel there is not enough space in the UK for us but we truly believe we can both offer something Special to parents across the UK and ensure that our special Children get the best help possible.

Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
(04-12-2011, 08:25 AM)Daniel Wrote: I have been wondering how to write this and in all honesty im finding it a little hard to write as im still dumfounded by the events of the last 24 hours.
Yesterday evening me and Lucy were at home with the 3 Children when two police officers attended the property and wanted me to attend an interview under caution for an alleged offence.
Upon enquiring what this offence was it was stated that we had tried to gain entry into a website without permision and were being questioned under the computer missue act 1990.

Last year we joined another website which they could be possibly classed as a rival and we made a post promoting parents of disabled children upon making this post the admin staff on this other forum were a little harsh and stated there site had more member area and there site was more secure to members and we had stated that there software wasnt a particually safe piece of software and had well known security issues which could be verified independtly.

Later that evening i tried to login to this other forum and was unable to and i had assumed that i had entered my password incorrectly so had tried again to enter using my password but in a diffrent typecase but again this did not work i then tried to enter my profile but it did not work.

I then emailed this website owner and got no response.

As far as i was concerned that was the end of the matter and we never went onto this website again.

However the website owners made a report to police and stated that we had tried to login to the website without permission and a statement was made back in July 2010 but again i was unaware of this until yesterday.

Yesterday i was interviewed under caution and the substance of the complaint was that after being banned (Which they did not inform me) that i had attempted to login to my account.

So a complaint was made that I HAD TRIED TO LOGIN TO MY ACCOUNT a couple of times even though i was unaware i could not access and thought i had entered the wrong password.
How many people have tried to login to an email account lets say and its said the password was not correct so you have tried again?
This is the depth of there allegation.

Straight away we were aware that there was no complaint to answer to and we defended our postion.

I am deeply shocked that such a complaint with no substance was ever investigated in the first place and even more shocked that the website charity owners felt it was a good use of police time.

Obviously during the interview this so called allegation was put to me and was denied straight away and the legal postion from our part was made very clear that no offences were commited and the police accepted this.

Following on from the interview it was decided that no further action should be taken as there was no evidence and it wasnt in the public intrest.

Now on a personal note i am shocked that a charity proclaiming to support parents and carers of disabled children felt it was fair to have a parent taken into the local police station in which time was important to myself and meant that Lucy had to do bedtime for all 3 Children yesterday evening and caused my son to have a major meltdown because daddy had gone and im always there at bedtime.

So due to a complaint with no substance whatsover my children were upset and made Lucys life a lot harder.

When we set up this website we did so as we know it can be a lonely place having a child with special needs and we wanted to provide a place where parents can have a chin wag and get to know friends who can relate to there lifestyle yet it appears that another forum does not like the fact we offer a valued resource with very useful information and we will carry on doing this.

We at Parents of disabled children are commited to growing this forum and keeping it a fantastic resource for all parents across the UK.

We will not allow a so called "rival" to try and stiffle the competition and we will give in to what i personally class as "underhand" tactics by making allegations which have no substance in law whatsoever.
We at Parents of disabled children believe in freedom of speech providing its lawful and want you members to have a fantastic place to meet and chat and rest assured we will carry on doing what we are doing and a so called "rival" will have no bearing on what we do at Parents of disabled children.

If this so called "Rival" is reading this im sorry you feel there is not enough space in the UK for us but we truly believe we can both offer something Special to parents across the UK and ensure that our special Children get the best help possible.
cant believe what im reading
its shocking what happend
hope you 2 are ok

to be honest before you come along i struggled finding a support group like this in uk
ive always went on the american web one

so once again thanks for opening this website
Heart mum of 2 Heart

• VIP
I cant beleive what I have just read.
I too have done the same thing of trying to login to a forum only to be told its the wrong password so you automatically try again. I've done it on this site many things as I forget the username (forget the comma).
To report you to the police is just stupid and a complete waste of police time and money.
All I can say is I hope yourself and Lucy are fantastic people who have helped alot of people with special children. I am sure that I can speak for most if not every member on here when I say and huge great big THANK YOU for starting this website.
Love to you all
Sara and Sophie xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• VIP
Sorry to hear about this and hope you's are all ok now . I know i have joined other sites and felt they were very clicky and when your new to this all , you want someone to talk to and tell you everything is going to be fine and you get to talk to other people that feel the same , but on those sites i felt even more lost and pushed out of the world but this site i have found what i needed and feel like were like a family , SO BIG THANK YOU TO YOU AND LUCY , you's have done a great job xxx
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• VIP
Before this site started i didn't have anywhere or anyone else to answer my questions, Daniel and Lucy you were and are my saving grace.

Everyone makes mistakes on log-ins, me included and they have no basis for this unless they can provide proof that you were notified of the ban, which can easily be found on their pc's or on the web, but as they haven't, they could be done with wasting police time and defamation of character to yourself.

Keep up the good work, we all need you here.
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux