• Registered
Hi everyone
I'm a new member, joined after a google search brought up this site.
I have been trying to research for more information about the family fund grant. I am hoping they can help provide some sensory equipment for my (nearly) 7 year old son. We may have a problem however as he not been formally diagnosed.
Cahms have said he suffers from co-morbid ADHD and Autism, which we pretty much knew anyway but we are waiting for the 'formal' diagnosis as of yet. He has been formally diagnosed with global development delay but this alone does not warrant the need for sensory equipment.
Do family find require a formal diagnosis?
It is very hard to get 'official' ASD labels in this area as they don't like to formally diagnose as in the words of his Paed 'there is no benefit for the child'. Am I on to a losing cause here or should I push for a diagnosis and then apply?
Has anyone had a grant awarded without a formal diagnosis?
Thanks!

• Registered
can you get a letter from social worker or doctor to confirm his disability .... I cant remember what the form requires but im sure its just support from a professional.

• Registered
I've got lots of letters / evidence as to what his SUSPECTED disability is and the issues that make them come to this conclusion but nothing to say he DEFINATELY has the condition. May contact them and ask.

• Registered
they do have a facebook page and you can e mail them as well... why dont you just try they can only say no ... the turn to us website is a good one to look at as well ... i am not allowed to put up a link as i dont have enough posts yet. Good Luck

• VIP
Hi no your child doesnt need to be diagnosisd as my son isnt and i was able to get driving lesson's from family fund . As long as your child has problems and you have writing back up from doctors or someone in that field ,my sons social worker did the form for me .
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012