• VIP
Hi all, just thought I would share this!!

I took Little Legs to a Shaolin Monk Kung fu thing type class yesterday. e has been on and on about it since playing club penguin and we found a flyer in the local Chinese, so decided to let him have a go.

So we plodded off to the class yesterday and I watched whilst he joined in. First they had to run round to warm up and then run backwards - well little legs found this REALLY hard and was tip toeing very slowly backwards. Then they had to do all these complex moves and he tried really hard to copy the 'sensei'. He was all arms and legs and had no control whatsoever as he is hypermobile and is very floppy in his movements. He then started tugging on the sensei's trousers asking when they were going to do the 'real stuff'Blush. He was constantly interrupting and doing his 'supermoves' for the sensei!! So the sensei took him aside and let the other class members get on with a few things for 5 minutes whilst he showed Little legs some moves. He tried to get him to copy but my son was doing everything 'mirror image' rather than the same!. The guy then started tapping his foot to draw attention to my son how to position his leg but all Little legs did was tap his foot back - he kept tapping every time the guy tapped his foot and I just couldn't hold my hysterics in any longer, I had to run out of the hall to roll up laughing!!! I haven't laughed so much in ages!!!

My son is now the master as he has been to 1 class. Fight

• Registered
lol - the mirroring is what my daughter does when someone comes to our home.

im very happy that you did this activity with your little one, i want to take my daughter to a dance class as i know she would love it. are you going again?, sounds like you both got great enjoyment out of it.

• VIP
We are going again tonight. I am absolutely astounded that he remembered that it was on again tonight but somewhere else!

I have tried SOOO many different clubs/activities but they are always short lived, so I am hoping he will stay for longer at this group!!!

Does you DD like dancing then??

• Administrators
how did it go tonight lou lou?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
Hi ya Daniel....ok. Went to the other hall for it tonight and the shifu sensei guy asked me to leave so Josh lost it a bit. Took me nearly half an hour but I managed to convince him that I would only be outside the door and it was ok. Peeked through the window a few times and saw him trying REALLY hard to listen in between jumping around and still doing everything 'floppy'....he came out mega excited and climbed on the top of the car but he had really held it all in for half hour!!!