• VIP
i may be putting 2+2 together and coming up with 5 but have you been banned previously from driving?? hence the additional lessons and ludicrous insurance? my brother is 19 and just got his first car and isn't paying anything like that, not sure who he's insured with but it was roughly £2000 a year. not having a go or anything, just wondering as convictions, especially being disqualified could make a huge difference. my partner is 27 now and when he was young and silly a few years back, he did get disqualified, only for a month but it still hikes up his insurance, thankfully he's just reached the time limit where he can apply to have it removed from his license.
carrie

• Moderators
can your partner drive? it may be cheaper if you go on as second driver if thats the case, because i had motability when i bought a car i couldnt get proof of no claims (they sent it out 3 months late so insurance company wouldnt accept it)so had to have family car in hubbys name while i had the smaller car until i had built it up a bit (tbh he does the most driving in both cars as when we go out together he usually drives anyway but he cant be main driver on 2 cars hehe)
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
(04-03-2011, 02:08 PM)corinne Wrote: can your partner drive? it may be cheaper if you go on as second driver if thats the case, because i had motability when i bought a car i couldnt get proof of no claims (they sent it out 3 months late so insurance company wouldnt accept it)so had to have family car in hubbys name while i had the smaller car until i had built it up a bit (tbh he does the most driving in both cars as when we go out together he usually drives anyway but he cant be main driver on 2 cars hehe)

That does seem a lot, i don't drive but am learning. I have gone on hubby's insurance and it's only costing us £44 a month

• Registered
(04-03-2011, 11:21 AM)logan_jacob_mummy Wrote: i may be putting 2+2 together and coming up with 5 but have you been banned previously from driving?? hence the additional lessons and ludicrous insurance? my brother is 19 and just got his first car and isn't paying anything like that, not sure who he's insured with but it was roughly £2000 a year. not having a go or anything, just wondering as convictions, especially being disqualified could make a huge difference. my partner is 27 now and when he was young and silly a few years back, he did get disqualified, only for a month but it still hikes up his insurance, thankfully he's just reached the time limit where he can apply to have it removed from his license.
carrie

Nope never been banned or had a single point ever.

Quote:can your partner drive? it may be cheaper if you go on as second driver if thats the case, because i had motability when i bought a car i couldnt get proof of no claims (they sent it out 3 months late so insurance company wouldnt accept it)so had to have family car in hubbys name while i had the smaller car until i had built it up a bit (tbh he does the most driving in both cars as when we go out together he usually drives anyway but he cant be main driver on 2 cars hehe)

No she cant.

• VIP
Hi i passed late last year, but have just bought my first car as couldnt afford one last year, i bought a 04 renault scenic megane 1.6,, and was scourin the internet for insurance for over a week and i was getting silly quotes betwwen £2000-£4000!! and im a 31 yr old woman with 3 children so certainly not a boy racer lol,, then i come across tiger.co.uk, its a comparison website but they advertise the small companies not yur likes of admiral, aviva ect,, nd i got insured with BELL for £900, so when i rang to confirm i wanted it the lady was really nice she asked if i knew of anyone with over 4 yrs driving experience to put on my policy as a named driver (they dont have to live at the same address as yourself) and it could go down a bit, so i put on my partner and it went down another £190 to £710,,,, id give tiger.co.uk a go nd see what quotes u can get cos believe me, i must have tried 200 different companies lol,,, good luckBlush