• Registered
(04-01-2011, 04:41 PM)sweetgiz Wrote:
(04-01-2011, 12:15 AM)zaacandmichaela Wrote: Bit of an odd one but just passed my test... 1.0 cars there asking for £4000 for car insurance i mean come on for the price of a £100 car they want FOUR GRAND is there anyway of getting a grant or are parents of disabled children entitled to anything to do with car insurance? its actually cheaper to hire a brand new astra every week than pay that redicolous price!

i dont know how u could be paying that amount
i did a quote just recently to find out how much it would cost me once i pass my test and it worked out 1200 fully comp on a 8 year old car 1.2i engine and 800 -900 third party fire and theft

my friend passed her test and she 23 and pay a 1000 third party fire n theft

have you gone on compare the market .com

yep used all those stupid comparison websites (that take commision off you making the premium EVEN HIGHER) and first of all Females insruance is DRAMATICALLY cheaper than males... up to 50%!!!!!!!!!!!

• Administrators
What have you included in your quote?
Windscreen cover?
Breakdown cover?
Motor legal protection?
Cover abroad?
What excess?

In all honesty if you need a better price the above options need to be stripped out and not included on the quote.

You need to be looking for a basic fire and theft option or in some cases it can be as cheap for full insurance but you need to compare both.

The excess should also be set as high as possible towards the highest level they were accept considering the car is only worth £50 they would write it off in a crash so the highest excess is the better option.

I know car insurance has been more expensive for men until a recent court ruling which is changing this and actually meaning that womens insurance is going UP and mens is coming down so both sexes are on an average price.

Insurance is all about risks so your postcode is considered,your previous driving is considered and if you have a drive way is also considered as opposed to on street parking its cheaper.

So many factors and you have to think really basic to get as low a price as possible.
If im honest you will be looking anywhere between £1500 to £2500 as STANDARD within the first two years.
I got my quote two years ago for £987 but its gone up since then but £4000 is too high and there was a recent newspaper story about this and the AA had quoted someone £4000 and the spokesman stated they quote the higher price because "They do not want the business"
You refer to price comparrision websites taking a commision yes they do and thats quite right but consider all traditional insurance brokers do this.
However the price comparrision websites get much better rates across the board as they offer so many customers to the insurance giants that they get a bulk discount and therefore can pass on the savings so they are not stupid really just operating a business that has transformed the insurance sector for the better and offers consumers a much better choice for insurance.

£4000 is simply too high a price and its one that i wouldnt expect you to pay and nor would i expect the family fund to ever consider paying.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
Yeah i did that aswell got rid of everything extra and input £500 excess still £4k for a 1 litre

I think the AA quote you reffered to was £33,000

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/Teen-gets-quoted-100-000-car-yahoofinanceuk-381028788.html

That made me feel a bit better about myself lol

But going back to the question in hand, its simply impossible for a male under 21 to buy and insure a car without pulling a backhander such as fronting but even then t dosent bring it down much, 17 years NCB and a young driver still adds upto £2900. It actually works out cheaper to wait till im 21 and HIRE a car from vauxhall did a few enquiries £70 a week for a 1.9 CDTi SRi VVT top of the range and straight off the line and i can hire it for as long as i want and insurance IS included...
So i think the conclusion is, either have illegal car insurance or dont drive?
Also this hearsay about Womens insurance going up and the Mens coming down? Now that... that will be the day the world ends....

• Administrators
Also im assuming your request for family fund funding for driving lessons 7 days ago is no longer needed as you have passed 7 days since your request.
I think you done well to do the lessons and book a driving test with the DSA and go and pass the test all within 5 working days Smile
Well done for being so efficent Blush
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
(04-02-2011, 09:43 AM)Daniel Wrote: Also im assuming your request for family fund funding for driving lessons 7 days ago is no longer needed as you have passed 7 days since your request.
I think you done well to do the lessons and book a driving test with the DSA and go and pass the test all within 5 working days Smile
Well done for being so efficent Blush

As i explained, i only needed a lessons or two to iron out a bad habit and was lucky enough to get a cancellation Exclamation

Good job i didnt fill the forms out and can now ask for help towards our move aswell Big Grin