• Registered
Bit of an odd one but just passed my test... 1.0 cars there asking for £4000 for car insurance i mean come on for the price of a £100 car they want FOUR GRAND is there anyway of getting a grant or are parents of disabled children entitled to anything to do with car insurance? its actually cheaper to hire a brand new astra every week than pay that redicolous price!

• Administrators
(04-01-2011, 12:15 AM)zaacandmichaela Wrote: Bit of an odd one but just passed my test... 1.0 cars there asking for £4000 for car insurance i mean come on for the price of a £100 car they want FOUR GRAND is there anyway of getting a grant or are parents of disabled children entitled to anything to do with car insurance? its actually cheaper to hire a brand new astra every week than pay that redicolous price!
Firstly the insurance is likely to be because the car is so old.
Secondly the family fund will not help with car insurance especially at this level.
Motability is the scheme which would help but when your child turns 3 providing they are entitled to higher rate mobility.
Family fund generally provide stuff that will benefit the child directly such as sensory toys,holidays etc.
But car insurance im sure they wouldnt and i believe thats the right thing by them as they do fantastic things already and this would stretch them too far.
I suggest either getting another car or taking up that lease.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
(04-01-2011, 03:02 PM)Daniel Wrote:
(04-01-2011, 12:15 AM)zaacandmichaela Wrote: Bit of an odd one but just passed my test... 1.0 cars there asking for £4000 for car insurance i mean come on for the price of a £100 car they want FOUR GRAND is there anyway of getting a grant or are parents of disabled children entitled to anything to do with car insurance? its actually cheaper to hire a brand new astra every week than pay that redicolous price!

Firstly the insurance is likely to be because the car is so old.
Secondly the family fund will not help with car insurance especially at this level.
Motability is the scheme which would help but when your child turns 3 providing they are entitled to higher rate mobility.
Family fund generally provide stuff that will benefit the child directly such as sensory toys,holidays etc.
But car insurance im sure they wouldnt and i believe thats the right thing by them as they do fantastic things already and this would stretch them too far.
I suggest either getting another car or taking up that lease.

Thanks bud, looked at a 1.0l corsa 2003 and you would never guess... £3800 to insure. lol. i dont know what do to i would more than happily go on motab and i would suggest form what ive read than connor would get mobility DLA hes already struggling with his breathing and is getting infections left right and center bless him, which is why i NEED a car i cannot reply on public transaportation at 4am to get me to the hospital with him when hes struggling, although it would probably be cheaper to hire a chauffer Dodgy

• VIP

i dont know how u could be paying that amount
i did a quote just recently to find out how much it would cost me once i pass my test and it worked out 1200 fully comp on a 8 year old car 1.2i engine and 800 -900 third party fire and theft

my friend passed her test and she 23 and pay a 1000 third party fire n theft

have you gone on compare the market .com
Heart mum of 2 Heart

• Administrators
(04-01-2011, 04:41 PM)sweetgiz Wrote:

i dont know how u could be paying that amount
i did a quote just recently to find out how much it would cost me once i pass my test and it worked out 1200 fully comp on a 8 year old car 1.2i engine and 800 -900 third party fire and theft

my friend passed her test and she 23 and pay a 1000 third party fire n theft

have you gone on compare the market .com
Motability is not a consideration until he turns 3 as that's the earliest you will be able to claim this benefit assuming its higher rate
Obviously public transport is not an option at 4am and nor would it be with any child with any medical emergency at any time of day and this is where an ambulance would be needed.
From all of the organisations I know nobody will cover car insurance and motability at aged 3 seems the only real option.
As I said we can't use a 4am emergency as an example as this would be the same regardless of a disability or not.
Emergency would just mean an ambulance sorry.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE