• Registered
Hi. My son has a blue badge, although he doesnt receive high mobility - i do intend on applying for high mob, but he is temporarily in the care of the Local Authority - because of his behaviour and mental health problems. My council refused the Blue badge (applied nearly 2 years ago), but after getting other agencies involved they gave it on a discretionary basis....it will be up for renewal next year, but i intend on applying for high mob before then (the severe mental impairment and behaviour route) - i know that will be a battle too, but the council r vry strict n i doubt they wil renew the badge again, bt obviously if he's awarded the high mob then he will get the badge.
I know i would find it very difficult without the badge. He needs at least 2 people with him all of the time, and even then he refuses to move and is very violent. He is currently staying at a short break respite centre - been there for 5 weeks - a request for him to be placed into short term residential care is going to social services panel today and am very anxious!! Social services requested an emergency assessment from CAMHS, as they wanted him to be admitted into in patient psychiatric care!! He's only 9!!!
Sorry for going off subject....!
Samina

• Administrators
(04-12-2011, 11:30 AM)saminai2007 Wrote: Hi. My son has a blue badge, although he doesnt receive high mobility - i do intend on applying for high mob, but he is temporarily in the care of the Local Authority - because of his behaviour and mental health problems. My council refused the Blue badge (applied nearly 2 years ago), but after getting other agencies involved they gave it on a discretionary basis....it will be up for renewal next year, but i intend on applying for high mob before then (the severe mental impairment and behaviour route) - i know that will be a battle too, but the council r vry strict n i doubt they wil renew the badge again, bt obviously if he's awarded the high mob then he will get the badge.
I know i would find it very difficult without the badge. He needs at least 2 people with him all of the time, and even then he refuses to move and is very violent. He is currently staying at a short break respite centre - been there for 5 weeks - a request for him to be placed into short term residential care is going to social services panel today and am very anxious!! Social services requested an emergency assessment from CAMHS, as they wanted him to be admitted into in patient psychiatric care!! He's only 9!!!
Sorry for going off subject....!
Samina
Hi Samina,
How did the panel go yesterday?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE