• VIP
Hi, slightly different situation to you but we had a blue badge for our son from the age of 2. didnt have mobility payment cause you dont get it until aged 3. there is a general form for applications and then another form for special circumstances. we got ours because we had to transport equipment oxygen and nebulisers so therefore had to be able to return to the car asap so required disabled parking spaces. sorry cant remember what the form was called it was a couple of years ago.
I never thought it would happen to me.

• Registered
Hi
I get high rate care and motability for my son who has DS but we have been refused a Blue Badge

Any one know why or if its worth trying again ??

• Administrators
(04-11-2011, 03:30 PM)mofie86 Wrote: Hi
I get high rate care and motability for my son who has DS but we have been refused a Blue Badge

Any one know why or if its worth trying again ??
What local council do you come under and ill get the qualifying criteria up for your area Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Administrators
(03-30-2011, 08:51 PM)missisbeki Wrote: Hiya all, just thought I'd ask on here if anyone has any advice for me.
DS is 6 and has a diagnosis of Aspergers also mentioned on the letter we got from the consultant was hypermobility.
We get the high rate care and low mobility.
Recently we have had A LOT more problems than normal when out in the car etc so I was advised to ask for a blue badge, went to my local council office and she basically said no way no chance as soon as I said aspergers/ASD...
I wasnt happy with this so she has given me the assessment direct managers address to write to so I can explain his circumstances to them.

Do I stand a chance is it even worth it? Any tips?

Thanks Smile
What council do you come under?
Also it is possible to get a Blue badge with ASD/Aspergers dependent on circumstances and the criteria can also be flexible in some areas Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
i think it's annoying when you get people park in the parent and toddler spaces when they don't have Children and the disabled spaces. In Asda you have to show your blue badge or have child car seats otherwise i think it's a £70 fine.
My brother in law really knows have to play the system, he says he can't work cause of a bad back, he gets the high rate mobility and has a blue badge but yet we have seen him go up and down ladders. He was able to get the winter fuel payment, yet i tried and was told couldn't get it as i was disabled but Ben still needed the house to be warm.
I also tried to get a blue badge but my local council don't class ASD as a disabliity

disabled