• Registered
(03-28-2011, 08:36 AM)tireddad Wrote: Dear all,

My Wife left me 6 months ago with our 9 year old daughter who had been diagnosed as suffering from ASD.

Things with my daughter not too bad until the start of this year when things have started to go downhill completely.

My daughter has only been to school 4 times in the last 4 weeks - refuses to go, refuses to get dressed, refuses to leave the house. The School have been involved at every stage and I have a CAF meeting at the school on Thursday (they accept that I am doing all I can)

Seen local GP who arranged urgent appointment with daughters Consultant - only problem is that I couldn't get her out of house to go. Presently awaiting contact from CAMH's.

I am really at the end of my tether - I have tried all strategies suggested to me.

Major problem now is that her sleep pattern has completely gone out of the window - despite what I try I cannot get her to bed, well I can but she gets up in the middle of the night - only got up at 4 pm yesterday despite my attempts to wake her and consequently was up until 7:45 this morning and again she is asleep - I keep trying to wake her without any success.

GP will not prescribe anything to help her sleep unless she sees her and I cannot get her out of the house - can anybody suggest any herbal remedies or something because unless I break this routine I am never going to get her into school.

I know that this is not the correct forum but you can imagine my estranged wife blames me for the sleeping pattern - I have tried a set routine but it doesn't work and I am absolutely exhausted after my attempts throughout the night to get her into bed/asleep - just uses it against me even though does nothing to help out.

I am really at my wits end and any suggestions would be much appreciated.

With all the stress of the marital breakdown I can't really take much more of this

hi im helen i have a 7 yr old son with asd who seems to not need to sleep and who gets up through the night i have been offered medication for him but have found that using reward systems work much better aswell as giving him a watch that lights up so he can understand better when he has to sleep and whens not acceptable to get up if i can be of any help feel free to contact me