• Registered
Dear all,

My Wife left me 6 months ago with our 9 year old daughter who had been diagnosed as suffering from ASD.

Things with my daughter not too bad until the start of this year when things have started to go downhill completely.

My daughter has only been to school 4 times in the last 4 weeks - refuses to go, refuses to get dressed, refuses to leave the house. The School have been involved at every stage and I have a CAF meeting at the school on Thursday (they accept that I am doing all I can)

Seen local GP who arranged urgent appointment with daughters Consultant - only problem is that I couldn't get her out of house to go. Presently awaiting contact from CAMH's.

I am really at the end of my tether - I have tried all strategies suggested to me.

Major problem now is that her sleep pattern has completely gone out of the window - despite what I try I cannot get her to bed, well I can but she gets up in the middle of the night - only got up at 4 pm yesterday despite my attempts to wake her and consequently was up until 7:45 this morning and again she is asleep - I keep trying to wake her without any success.

GP will not prescribe anything to help her sleep unless she sees her and I cannot get her out of the house - can anybody suggest any herbal remedies or something because unless I break this routine I am never going to get her into school.

I know that this is not the correct forum but you can imagine my estranged wife blames me for the sleeping pattern - I have tried a set routine but it doesn't work and I am absolutely exhausted after my attempts throughout the night to get her into bed/asleep - just uses it against me even though does nothing to help out.

I am really at my wits end and any suggestions would be much appreciated.

With all the stress of the marital breakdown I can't really take much more of this

• VIP
Hi i'm sorry to hear your going through a hard time , as you know when a marriage breaks down people get blamed for everything . I cant give much advice on getting your daughter out of the house . I wouldnt do any herbal things though as you might not know what way it will affect her . Only thing you can do it stay firm with her . Is there anything she likes doing that she will leave the house for ? Have you asked any people that deal with your daughter for advice on what would help ? I'm sure it is very hard for you at the moment , hopefully someone else who has dealt with this can offer you some advice xx
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• VIP
hi, sorry you are having such a touch time. Stick through it and it will get better Big Grin.

As for the not leaving the house business I have this with my son all the time and then when we are finally out he needs to be at home asap.We now have to use a wheelchair for him full time but before it got to that stage and even now I told him we were going out but gave him lots of notice to prepare him and keep going over it and how it is part of the routine and we need to do this or that. Then rewarded him with whatever he was into at the time at the moment he loves soft toys so he gets to take one with him and then gets another one when he is home. Does your daughter have any obsessions or fascinations? Does she have a favourite food could you treat her to a burger or something after she has left the house.? If the worst comes to the worse the doctor could come to your house they say they can't but my sons doctor has had to on numerous occasions as he would not leave the house. As for all of the marital issues I would try and ignore them as best you can the whole situation will be putting added stress on your daughter and this will cause he to play up more.

Hope it gets better soon Big Grin xx
Will I EVER stop having to fight for my son to have what he NEEDS!? Huh

• Registered
(03-28-2011, 08:36 AM)tireddad Wrote: Dear all,

My Wife left me 6 months ago with our 9 year old daughter who had been diagnosed as suffering from ASD.

Things with my daughter not too bad until the start of this year when things have started to go downhill completely.

My daughter has only been to school 4 times in the last 4 weeks - refuses to go, refuses to get dressed, refuses to leave the house. The School have been involved at every stage and I have a CAF meeting at the school on Thursday (they accept that I am doing all I can)

Seen local GP who arranged urgent appointment with daughters Consultant - only problem is that I couldn't get her out of house to go. Presently awaiting contact from CAMH's.

I am really at the end of my tether - I have tried all strategies suggested to me.

Major problem now is that her sleep pattern has completely gone out of the window - despite what I try I cannot get her to bed, well I can but she gets up in the middle of the night - only got up at 4 pm yesterday despite my attempts to wake her and consequently was up until 7:45 this morning and again she is asleep - I keep trying to wake her without any success.

GP will not prescribe anything to help her sleep unless she sees her and I cannot get her out of the house - can anybody suggest any herbal remedies or something because unless I break this routine I am never going to get her into school.

I know that this is not the correct forum but you can imagine my estranged wife blames me for the sleeping pattern - I have tried a set routine but it doesn't work and I am absolutely exhausted after my attempts throughout the night to get her into bed/asleep - just uses it against me even though does nothing to help out.

I am really at my wits end and any suggestions would be much appreciated.

With all the stress of the marital breakdown I can't really take much more of this

• Registered
hello my son is 9 years old and also has asd plus other needs. He has also is having a stressful and an emotional time. I can imagine added to this is a marital break down. All I can say is life will hopefully settle and my son never sleeps it is nobodies fault but part of the condition - does not need it
Hope things get betterBlush