hello i was just wondering if someone could help me. i have a son who has bein referd for a formal assesment for his statement. i have to send my views off them. i have a freind said she has got hers but its not the offical one and got to wait to see how many hours she gets and that. she has just said to me that once u get told you have a statement it takes 6months then before u can get them into a speicla school. he words to me was "
think it takes 6 months before you get the statement properly .you have 2 wait 6 months before they can go 2 a special school." and then said "
he will get it before sept but you have 2 wait 6 months before they can go 2 another school." can someone give me some advice on this as i want to get my son ina special school and he has another 4months in the school he is in. and they have told me he wont cope in the new school that his old school will all move to

• VIP
[quote='windsor09' pid='28204' dateline='1301156194']
hello i was just wondering if someone could help me. i have a son who has bein referd for a formal assesment for his statement. i have to send my views off them. i have a freind said she has got hers but its not the offical one and got to wait to see how many hours she gets and that. she has just said to me that once u get told you have a statement it takes 6months then before u can get them into a speicla school. he words to me was "
think it takes 6 months before you get the statement properly .you have 2 wait 6 months before they can go 2 a special school." and then said "
he will get it before sept but you have 2 wait 6 months before they can go 2 another school." can someone give me some advice on this as i want to get my son ina special school and he has another 4months in the school he is in. and they have told me he wont cope in the new school that his old school will all move to

hi, no wounder your confused! my son has just gone through the statementing process they always ask for you views and this will be included in the draft statement, the statement that you check and if you agree sign off before they send you the final statement. i think it varies from town to town how long the process takes however they do have time guidelines to follow. once you have a statement and the school you have chosen has a place i would have thought you are entitled to that place without delay, why would you have to wait 6 months? i would contact the school direct and explain that your child is being statemented at the moment and ask about available places. i did this and my son has been in special school since last september, i signed of his statement a couple of months ago. hope this helps
I never thought it would happen to me.