• VIP
i think now family fund give you money towards driving lessons now cause BSM has been brought out by AA.

• VIP
(03-26-2011, 02:52 PM)Lucy Wrote: Its only really once you've got dla that anyone including family fund will fund driving lessons, first applications can take about 4months with family fund and then you can apply yearly from the date its awarded (not applied) the use bsm , I'm doing lessons at the minute and got awarded 45hour 2 goes and theory and 2 at practical, I've had 19 hours worth and passed my theory so far Smile xx

Actually I just wanted to correct you on that - Family Fund can consider your application whether you have got DLA for your child or not. We have our own disability criteria that are not related to DLA so as long as you tell us about your child's condition on the application form, we will look at it and assess your child.
Family Fund

• Registered
(04-01-2011, 11:00 AM)Family Fund Wrote:
(03-26-2011, 02:52 PM)Lucy Wrote: Its only really once you've got dla that anyone including family fund will fund driving lessons, first applications can take about 4months with family fund and then you can apply yearly from the date its awarded (not applied) the use bsm , I'm doing lessons at the minute and got awarded 45hour 2 goes and theory and 2 at practical, I've had 19 hours worth and passed my theory so far Smile xx

Actually I just wanted to correct you on that - Family Fund can consider your application whether you have got DLA for your child or not. We have our own disability criteria that are not related to DLA so as long as you tell us about your child's condition on the application form, we will look at it and assess your child.
Family Fund

Motability will also help towards driving lessons for disabled young people when they reach 16 years if higher rate DLA

• VIP
Family Fund are great i got 45 hours & 2 theory & practical tests last year as well and i passed my practical test on thursdayJiggle.It s really going to make a big difference to my sons life now im just waiting for my licence thanks family fundthankingyou
Mum of 2 lovely boys[Image: smiley-angelic008.gif]

[Image: weight.png]