• Registered
Right, our newborn baby has Cystic Fibrosis so going back and forth to hospitals with 2 children on a bus is quite difficult, is there any charities out there that will fund for Driving Lessons?

Thanks in advance Smile

• Established member
(03-26-2011, 02:09 PM)zaacandmichaela Wrote: Right, our newborn baby has Cystic Fibrosis so going back and forth to hospitals with 2 children on a bus is quite difficult, is there any charities out there that will fund for Driving Lessons?

Thanks in advance Smile

Family Fund give grants for driving lessons
Family Fund
4 Alpha Court
Monks Cross Drive
York
YO32 9WN
Tel 0845 130 4542
Textphone 01904 658085
Fax 01904 652625
Email info@familyfund.org.uk

• Administrators
Its only really once you've got dla that anyone including family fund will fund driving lessons, first applications can take about 4months with family fund and then you can apply yearly from the date its awarded (not applied) the use bsm , I'm doing lessons at the minute and got awarded 45hour 2 goes and theory and 2 at practical, I've had 19 hours worth and passed my theory so far Smile xx

• Registered
(03-26-2011, 02:52 PM)Lucy Wrote: Its only really once you've got dla that anyone including family fund will fund driving lessons, first applications can take about 4months with family fund and then you can apply yearly from the date its awarded (not applied) the use bsm , I'm doing lessons at the minute and got awarded 45hour 2 goes and theory and 2 at practical, I've had 19 hours worth and passed my theory so far Smile xx

So even thought hes been diagnosed and its been put in writing that dosent account for anything until someone behind a desk processing benefit applications can decide your future? Excuse my choice of words but i hate the Benefits people someone they have ZERO understanding for people like us....
I know how to drive just need a refresher on my theory and the test would be a waste of ff money for 45 hours xx

• VIP
I know its annoying and its hard but its law that until your child is 3 months you can then go for DLA . Yous have so much on your plate at the moment and all you want is a bit of support . We all know how that feels and sometimes its a never ending fight . xx
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012