• Registered
Hi,
Does anyone know who I can approach with regards to my situation, I was living in a bedsit, then due to unforseen circumstances had my Autistic and ADHD son live with me, I approached the council who placed me as a band C due to overcrowding, I telephoned an MP who wrote to the council who then moved me to a band B, I viewed a couple of properties but was not offered any, I then visited my local MP and told him my situation, he said he would write the the council and try and put pressure on them
A house has come up (empty) that I am interested in as it is a friend from his school lives next door which will be great for him, also I will get support from his mother (as I'm a single father)
I mentioned to my MP who said he will put that in his letter, but just wondered if there was a way to get this house as I would have the support I need

Thanks

• VIP
Hi have you spoke to your children doctor or who ever else see's your children due to their problems and see if they could write a letter in for you , might help with getting a house faster x
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• Moderators
when you applied for a council house did you complete a medical needs form?? this should put you in band A. if you also put that the house you are interested in is next door to somebody who gives you support with your son it might help as well (we put that i had a friend and also hubbys family where we wanted to move as it was 10 miles from where we lived)
if you havent filled a medical needs form in i would get down to the council as soon as possible and fill it in there and then if you can, also you can try and contact shelter if the council dont give any help as you would come under homeless within a home as a bedsit is not big enough for you and like you say its overcrowded.
you mentioned on different thread that the social services were closing your case? does your son have a disabled childrens social worker as they could help support you as well
corinne
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Registered
Thanks for the replies, My son had an appointment with cdc but i had to cancel due to being unwell and haven't received another appointment yet.
I filled in the medical form when my son started living with me, before he started living with me my bedsit was ideal as it was just me, after submitting the medical form, I kept ringing everyday for an outcome, but kept getting told the Dr needed more info and they would be in touch, the last phonecall I had was them telling me I needed proof my son was living with me, I asked SS who said they would write me a letter on numerous occassions but never heard anymore, so then rang an mp who wrote to the council was then moved to the Band B, I never mentioned the house next to another parent as his school on the medical form as this has only just come to light.
I get no support from any SS, but may look into help from the SS disabled dept as they could be helpful.
Thanks

• VIP
couldn't you get your son's h/v to write you a letter, We had to fight for 4 years to get our house