• Registered
Hi all,
I have just signed up after finding this site, hopefully someone can offer me some advice.
Basically me and my sons mother got together in 99' she gave birth in 2000'in 2003 she cheated on me (was the 4th time) and moved her new bloke into our home, I therefore moved out, 2 months passed and I was seeing my son every other weekend, until one day received a phonecall to say I'm not going to see him anymore. My name was put onto his BC
I contacted my solicitor, but then my sons mother made up DV accusations, I went to court to clear myself and admitted to harrassment (as i shouted and swore at her for what she put me thru) the DV wasn't proved as she kept slipping up in court thru the lies.
At least a year had passed since I saw my son, so supervised contact was given, this went on for around 6 months, then I was awarded a few hours every fortnight, in this time his mother told him her new bloke was his dad and I was just (my name) when I told my son I was his dad I got abuse from her new bloke, the mother and her bloke then married and had another child, I went to court for more contact which I got and was awarded PR.
I still got abuse from her hubby, as they wanted me out of their lives so they could be happy families, anyway, october last year my sons mother committed suicide (we think it was due to her husbands bullying nature) my son and his daughter were placed into police protection and into foster care, I promptly contacted my solicitor and removed my son from foster care and to live with me (with my solicitor's help and SS) the daughter was still in care at this time and the arrangement was my son see's his half sister every fortnight which I dont have a problem with, anyway 2 days after his half sister was removed from care and placed with her dad, he even got the old house where him and his late wife lived.
Me and this guy had a meeting with SS to arrange contact, and it was arranged that we do alternate weekends so the siblings could see one another, he was asking for more saying he wanted my son to sleep over as he see's him as his son, SS said no, he is with his dad now.
This was going ok for a few weeks then his daughter while with me became very distressed, so i took her home early, and said to this guy how would you like my son every week instead of your daughter coming to me, he said that would be great, since tho he keeps telling my son that he is his dad, giving him loads of sugar which I dont agree with, and keeps making pland with my son for him to sleep over, even tho I have told him time and time again that there is to be no sleep overs.
The ex before her death told me he used to get angry towards my son and she was had to intervene then he would be angry with her, I told SS my concerns who didn't seem to listen due to the mother's accusation's of everyone.
My son has been diagnosed with Autism and ADHD, he says he doesn't want to go there anymore and wants to see his sister in a contact centre place (I rang SS who said they were closing the case, and to meet in a park as they couldn't facililiate a contact centre)
Is there some sort of charity that could possibly speak to my son about his concerns, and re-arrange contact ?
Not sure where to turn, or what to do, I can mention to this bloke about meeting in a park, but he wont be happy, and will probably give me abuse.

Sorry for the long post

• VIP
Sorry this is short and sweet , some churches do contact centre's so you could look about at them seeing each other there , what age are the children ? If the other dad doesnt or starts making things hard for each the children to see each other it can go to court for sibling contact . If i was you i would just let lot of it go over your head . Is your son happy with this other man ? What age is the girl ? It will be hard for her at the moment , she has lost her mum as well and been away from her dad for bit so she will be upset and it might just take time for things to settle down .
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• Registered
Thanks for the reply
My son is not happy going there, but once there he isn't too bad, just the over guy try's to control him buying giving him sweets where I dont, and telling him he's still his son, even tho my boy knows he isn't
My son is 10, and his half sister is 6

• VIP
I'm sure thats very hard for you . Dont worry if the other man thinks of as his dad , your son and you know the truth , sounds like he is having to spoil him to get something back , i know its easier said than done . I know i'm trying to get contact for my son with his half brother's and sister and it is hard , but dont give up , siblings have a longer bond than anyone else . I'm sure his sister will calm down once she feels more comfy with you , would her and his dad even meet in a children play place ?
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012