• Established member
We live in a 4 bed adapted house, this house was purpose built by a housing assosiation, it has a downstairs bedroom and wet room, ceiling track hoists etc, this was all put in by the housing assosiation who we rent off
We have 2 other children who are 6 and 4 boy and girl so they have a room each

Problem is we just don't like the area we live in, the house is amazing and we couldn't ask for more for our daughter but we are just not happy living here

If we where to go through homeswapper and find another house ( which we have) It will need an extenstion to suit my daughters needs, do you think we could get help in doing it? or do you think because we have an adapted house already they won't let us move??

Myself and my husband have nearlly split up as we are so unhappy here and its just not worth it, surely we shouldn't be made to stay her

We have found a lady who really needs the adaptions to this house so would use her in a 3 way swap so its not like this house has gone to waste

How would we go about moving into the other house and getting adaptions made?

thanks for you time

Rebecca

• VIP
(03-21-2011, 04:14 PM)bbear690 Wrote: We live in a 4 bed adapted house, this house was purpose built by a housing assosiation, it has a downstairs bedroom and wet room, ceiling track hoists etc, this was all put in by the housing assosiation who we rent off
We have 2 other children who are 6 and 4 boy and girl so they have a room each

Problem is we just don't like the area we live in, the house is amazing and we couldn't ask for more for our daughter but we are just not happy living here

If we where to go through homeswapper and find another house ( which we have) It will need an extenstion to suit my daughters needs, do you think we could get help in doing it? or do you think because we have an adapted house already they won't let us move??

Myself and my husband have nearlly split up as we are so unhappy here and its just not worth it, surely we shouldn't be made to stay her

We have found a lady who really needs the adaptions to this house so would use her in a 3 way swap so its not like this house has gone to waste

How would we go about moving into the other house and getting adaptions made?

thanks for you time

Rebecca

Maybe phone up the housing and ask for their advice, i am in the early stages of asking for a DFG grant and have been told that if we get it, then we will have to sign something to say that we won't move for 5 years