• VIP
Hi, my son statement came through a couple of weeks ago it was started last june. this didnt matter to us because he was already attending a special school so his needs were being met. reports were done by most of the professionals involved in his care. speech therapy, physio, social worker, camhs. we had a multi disciplinary team right from Alex leaving hospital after he was born. you have the opportunity to give your views and read the recommendations in the report before signing it. statements are a legal document there to ensure your child receives the appropriate equipment, medical needs and services in school.
I never thought it would happen to me.

• VIP
thanks for the replies. i thought it would be a long process just didnt think as long as you all say. never mind it will be worth the wait as charlie will get the help and support he needs.
Smile .. smile life is too short ..Smile

• VIP
(03-18-2011, 02:16 PM)darrenbecky1234 Wrote: thanks for the replies. i thought it would be a long process just didnt think as long as you all say. never mind it will be worth the wait as charlie will get the help and support he needs.

statementing process can take as long as 26 weeks to be done
they need all the reports from physio ot speech and
educational scyologist (excuse spelling) and school / nursery
then they will make the descision
it goes on a banding system where i live

i would strongly suggest getting parent partnership involved to help you out

i wished i knew about them
when i first started the statmenting with my daughter 4 years ago
but only just got them involved narr
Heart mum of 2 Heart