• VIP
hi i was wondering if any one could give me some advice my son has been diagonised with ASD and at his last tack meeting they said they were going to start the statement process as when he goes full time in september they dont believe he will cope i agree with them as the school isnt the best. i was just wondering how long the process takes and what involved as they didnt really explain this to me.
Smile .. smile life is too short ..Smile

• VIP
Hi i'm waiting on my son being done also , depends on where about's you live for your child to be done , i've been waiting since November . From what i know they assess the child's need's of how they cope now and think they get in touch with who your child has dealings with . My son is only coming 3 years old so i will have to be with him when he is assessed , they will come out to his nursery . From what i know its a good lot of paper work that needs to be filled in by you and other people . I would think your son should be seen soon if he is due to start full time in September , hope it all works out for you and your son gets the best placement for him x
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• VIP
thanks hopefully it shouldnt be that long. he doesnt cope well at the school so hopefully he should be somewhere else soon. hope your statement process is done soon as you have been waiting a while now.
Smile .. smile life is too short ..Smile

• VIP
(03-17-2011, 02:13 PM)darrenbecky1234 Wrote: hi i was wondering if any one could give me some advice my son has been diagonised with ASD and at his last tack meeting they said they were going to start the statement process as when he goes full time in september they dont believe he will cope i agree with them as the school isnt the best. i was just wondering how long the process takes and what involved as they didnt really explain this to me.
Heart mum of 2 Heart

• Registered
Hi, my son Archie (who's now 7) was statemented whilst at his special needs playgroup when he was around 3 1/2 . He was seen and observed at his special needs playgroup and reports were also taken from the staff there. They also took reports from his physiotherapist, speech therapist and Doctor at the developmental centre at the hospital, health visitor and a disability social worker. I also had to fill out a form as long as your arm full of questions. As you can imagine, that whole process took months to complete, and in fact, the local special needs school, who usually have to wait for the Statement, took him before it was complete.

It takes a while, but now, I just have to go to a review every year which takes place at his school, and they just carry the statement on, and thats very straightforward. But this initial statement was a bloody nightmare.

Hope your whole experience is quicker and less stressful than mine was.

Good luck to you and your little one.

Mo