• Established member
Hi I know there are many family fund threads but couldnt find exact info.

My last award was in July 2010 and was for driving lessons, as that was my first application it did say we could apply again in one year and I am already thinking ahead (hope I dont look "greedy" or anything) :S

I would love to ask for help with a holiday as things are a bit tight this year with saving for a car but I couldnt find much info online about holidays and the link on the FF page just sent me back to main page.
I would like to know what kind of holidays are available as I know nothing and what sort of amount is an award for usually?
We normally holiday at the seaside but I would LOVE to take my son abroad especially disneyland but I think I need to be a millionaire for that!

Any information on the holidays grant would be brilliant.

Also do I have to wait until exactly that date to apply its just im worried that if a grant is awarded by that time it will be school term time meaning we may not be able to go.
Hope im making sense Huh

Thanks
Mummy to Daniel Heart born 2004 with Aspergers (and possibly Dsypraxia but they dont want to add too many labels to him....)
And Hannah born feb 2010Heart

• Established member
By the way do not know if it makes a difference but my son receives high rate care and lower mobility for DLA
Mummy to Daniel Heart born 2004 with Aspergers (and possibly Dsypraxia but they dont want to add too many labels to him....)

• Moderators
you can either ask for thomas cook vouchers or haven holiday vouchers, i think the amount is about £500 but dont quote meBlush as i have never had them as haven isnt suitable for matt. you do have to wait 12 months from your last award but if you have your membership number you should be able to apply online which should be a bit quicker than waiting for it to be delivered
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• Established member
(03-16-2011, 09:32 PM)corinne Wrote: you can either ask for thomas cook vouchers or haven holiday vouchers, i think the amount is about £500 but dont quote meBlush as i have never had them as haven isnt suitable for matt. you do have to wait 12 months from your last award but if you have your membership number you should be able to apply online which should be a bit quicker than waiting for it to be delivered

Thank you for the reply, we normally go to a Haven site but a private caravan, usually a week in school time (which is authorised as school understand it is quiter for him) we have been going for a while as Dan knows this caravan so if we werent able to go abroad as I doubt we could add extra money to it do you think they would be flexible enough to let us go to the private one?
Sorry for all the questions im just trying to plan and hope we get approved again this year when we apply.

• VIP
(03-16-2011, 09:35 PM)missisbeki Wrote:
(03-16-2011, 09:32 PM)corinne Wrote: you can either ask for thomas cook vouchers or haven holiday vouchers, i think the amount is about £500 but dont quote meBlush as i have never had them as haven isnt suitable for matt. you do have to wait 12 months from your last award but if you have your membership number you should be able to apply online which should be a bit quicker than waiting for it to be delivered

Thank you for the reply, we normally go to a Haven site but a private caravan, usually a week in school time (which is authorised as school understand it is quiter for him) we have been going for a while as Dan knows this caravan so if we werent able to go abroad as I doubt we could add extra money to it do you think they would be flexible enough to let us go to the private one?
Sorry for all the questions im just trying to plan and hope we get approved again this year when we apply.

Hi we got help from family fund last year with help towards a holiday. It was for approx £500 as we were told by FF staff it was slightly higher if you took the Haven option. We did this and we had to book direct with Haven so not sure about a private van. We booked for 4 nights and still had to put about £200 towards which I thought was expensive but it was in the school holidays. We ended up coming home after 2 days as it was very noisy as night and the children could not sleep.
Debbie x
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain .....