• Registered
Hi, i know i have asked the same thing on the housing advice thread, but thought it would be ok to place it on this thread to - apologies if i'm not meant to do that.
Does anyone know of any grants/financial support that may be available to buy a more appropriate house?
We were allocated this house(ex council, which we have now bought) 7 years ago as it met most of our son's needs. Unfortunately the local authority adaptations team were unable to provide an additional toilet/shower room for him. Which has made family life very difficult with only one bathroom to use.
I have found a house on the market that would meet all of his needs, is near his school and my work, but is over our budget.
As the local authority failed to meet his needs i wondered if there are any grants/financial support available to help us buy this house ie a top up loan, special mortgage deal(affordable!).....anything!?!
If anyone else has found themselves in a similar situation i would love to hear what they did about it.
Thanks

• VIP
(03-16-2011, 03:51 PM)dreamchaser Wrote: Hi, i know i have asked the same thing on the housing advice thread, but thought it would be ok to place it on this thread to - apologies if i'm not meant to do that.
Does anyone know of any grants/financial support that may be available to buy a more appropriate house?
We were allocated this house(ex council, which we have now bought) 7 years ago as it met most of our son's needs. Unfortunately the local authority adaptations team were unable to provide an additional toilet/shower room for him. Which has made family life very difficult with only one bathroom to use.
I have found a house on the market that would meet all of his needs, is near his school and my work, but is over our budget.
As the local authority failed to meet his needs i wondered if there are any grants/financial support available to help us buy this house ie a top up loan, special mortgage deal(affordable!).....anything!?!
If anyone else has found themselves in a similar situation i would love to hear what they did about it.
Thanks

instead of moving have you thought about seeing if you can get a DFG grant