• Registered
Hi, does anyone know if there are any grants/financial support available to private home owners?
We were allocated our house 7 years ago (its ex council, which we bought) as it met most of our son's medical needs. Unfortunately the local authority adaptations team were unable to provide an additional toilet/shower in the house for our son. It has been very difficult for him (and the rest of the family) having the use of only one bathroom.
To cut a long story short, i have seen a house on the market very near his school and my work that ticks all the boxes in meeting his needs. Unfortunately it is over our budget.
I am trying to find out if there is some kind of grant available as the local authority have failed to meet his disability needs, i seem to remember reading about some sort of financial help, but i am unsure of the criteria or who it is available to.
Has anyone else found themselves in this situation - or can offer me advice.
Thanks
P.S.Great site - loads of information, wish i knew about it before Smile

• Established member
(03-16-2011, 03:14 PM)dreamchaser Wrote: Hi, does anyone know if there are any grants/financial support available to private home owners?
We were allocated our house 7 years ago (its ex council, which we bought) as it met most of our son's medical needs. Unfortunately the local authority adaptations team were unable to provide an additional toilet/shower in the house for our son. It has been very difficult for him (and the rest of the family) having the use of only one bathroom.
To cut a long story short, i have seen a house on the market very near his school and my work that ticks all the boxes in meeting his needs. Unfortunately it is over our budget.
I am trying to find out if there is some kind of grant available as the local authority have failed to meet his disability needs, i seem to remember reading about some sort of financial help, but i am unsure of the criteria or who it is available to.
Has anyone else found themselves in this situation - or can offer me advice.
Thanks
P.S.Great site - loads of information, wish i knew about it before Smile