• VIP
Jack is being referred to the ESPD by his nursery Headteacher. It was discussed at the family meeting we had last week to be honest it kind of didn't sink in as so much was talked about!
Has anyone else heard of the ESPD and been referred to them? I'm curious as to what they actually do. I know they'll come and assess Jack at nursery but not sure why.
I didn't get chance to ask his headteacher today as I was rushing to get back home before Ryan got in from school and just thought I'd get a parent view on them before I try and find out about them on the internet!

• VIP
(03-15-2011, 08:13 PM)SusieL66 Wrote: Jack is being referred to the ESPD by his nursery Headteacher. It was discussed at the family meeting we had last week to be honest it kind of didn't sink in as so much was talked about!
Has anyone else heard of the ESPD and been referred to them? I'm curious as to what they actually do. I know they'll come and assess Jack at nursery but not sure why.
I didn't get chance to ask his headteacher today as I was rushing to get back home before Ryan got in from school and just thought I'd get a parent view on them before I try and find out about them on the internet!

Okay - Just searched internet for more info. Looks like this is a joint service led by Hull City Council, East Riding of Yorkshire and North Lincs Council.
We come under East Riding of Yorks Council so guess we fit into their support area!
Anyone else?