• Established member
I have applied to the family fund for a special needs buggy for my son, a crelling harness and a vacuum cleaner.

I checked my bank today and the amount for the buggy and harness has been credited (comes to 610) ...which is fantastic (3 weeks since applying!) and ive already ordered the buggy and harness Smile

When i spoke to the lady on the phone on monday she wasnt sure about the vacuum cleaner, but then went off and came back saying i should get it as it comes under care needs as my son makes alot of extra mess. The amount hasnt been credited to my bank so im wondering whether this may come in the form of a voucher?? ...or maybe i didnt get the award for the vacuum?

She said she would write to me and i would get the letter in the next few days but i havent yet recieved it. I dont mind too much if i dont get it as im just over the moon that i will be able to take my son out and about more with the other items...but i do desperately need a vacuum!!

This is my first award and i just wondered whether it is likely to come in a voucher?
As i will have to order a cheapy one if not :S

thanks

• Registered
We asked for a new washing machine which we got, I think it took a few days for the vouchers to come and I think they were for Comet, but I know with the washing machine we had to get the breakdown cover..

• VIP
Hi monkeynut

We cannot comment on individual cases, but a vacuum cleaner would normally be awarded in the form of a gift card for Argos. Your award letter will be on its way to you in the post - all our letters are sent second class (to keep costs low) so it might be a couple of days. The card will come separately.

Best wishes,
Family Fund

• Established member
(03-11-2011, 08:18 AM)Family Fund Wrote: Hi monkeynut

We cannot comment on individual cases, but a vacuum cleaner would normally be awarded in the form of a gift card for Argos. Your award letter will be on its way to you in the post - all our letters are sent second class (to keep costs low) so it might be a couple of days. The card will come separately.

Best wishes,
Family Fund

I received my letter at the weekend and my argos voucher came today Smile AND, the new buggy i ordered arrived and it is absolutely fabulous....only problem being that my son now wont let me put it away as he just wants to sit in it 24/7 as its so comfortable for him!

So a big thankyou FF Smile

• Administrators
fantastic news Smile
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE