• Registered
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, and very excited to come across it. Please if anyone would give me ideas on great schools in Scotland and/or England I'd really appreciate it. I'm an expat who's finally made it home...now having two children, so I have zero experience with schools here. We're staying with relatives temporarily, and are lucky enough to be able to choose where we settle permanently. We're choosing based on schools for our 2 special needs Children. My son's 12 (13 in July) and has moderate autism, moderate delay, low vision, severe language impairment, Pica & FACS. My daughter's 10 and has dyslexia (language & maths) and mild global developmental delay.
My preference would be to stay out of the centre of large cities, like London proper, or Aberdeen...can't afford it. But, we're choosing for our Children, not me :-)

• Registered
hi alison hope following may be of some help for you :
Portsmouth has a great school ~ The Mary Rose ~ only one i know of in my own immediate area and there is St Francis school in Fareham which is about 6 miles away from me too. will copy & paste the links in following comments for you to have a scan at Smile ~ best of luck to you wherever you choose to settle !
also browsed my county on net & have found lots of others too within reach but not sure on what they like apart from above two so you would have to research others for yourself hun ~ hope this helps you in your search Smile
have ran out of time now & really must get on but following link will show you a list of all ' state special schools' in Hampshire for you to have a look at in your own time ~ my fave is Mary Rose but thats my personal choice & best one i have found suited to her needs all round There are loads of really gd schools out there its just a case of researching well & like you are doing already asking other parents all over! Smile if you go to schoolsnet . com & type in state special schools in for example Hampshire it will come up with complete lists for which you can follow the link ~ tried to copy & paste schools websites for you but it won't let me do links as am too new a member myself sorry Sad hope you find the perfect school for your children too & get settled in wherever that may be! best of luck xxx

• Registered
ps if you have a look on PODC's facebook page & my comments/replies to your post on there you will find on that one was able to put the links for you Smile thanks steph k

• VIP
barnsley a nice area
they are doing new building for greenacre and spent millions on it
and you be near sheffield for meadowhall shopping and if u want to go to sheffield it self
also in a village in barnsley they have robert odgen school for autism school run by
http://www.autism.org.uk/Our-services/Education-and-schools/About-our-schools/Robert-Ogden-School-South-Yorkshire.aspx
and housing in certain areas are cheap
in one area i know you can buy a house for 50 thousand pounds
barnsley a nice area
they are doing new building for greenacre and spent millions on it
and you be near sheffield for meadowhall shopping and if u want to go to sheffield it self
also in a village in barnsley they have robert odgen school for autism school run by
http://www.autism.org.uk/Our-services/Education-and-schools/About-our-schools/Robert-Ogden-School-South-Yorkshire.aspx
and housing in certain areas are cheap
in one area i know you can buy a house for 50 thousand pounds
Heart mum of 2 Heart

• New member Moderation
we live in bampton oxfordshire and my daughter which is 4 goes to a special needs school called springfield and madley brooks in witney they do have a website but they are really good there my daughter has started walking and saying a few words as to when she start in may 2009 in nursy so could not walk or talk and she has pos asd and a few other things good luck with the hunt for a school x