• VIP
hi everyone our son has asd and hes at a mainstream school the problem we r havin is that he has been bullied since he was in nursery there it comes and goes but the biggest problem is a child who takes great delight in makin our sons life a misery has just been put in2 our sond class and yes hes doin his upmost 2 upset our son and make him lash out 2 get our son in trouble, this child has even tried 2 have a go at our son in front of me 2 which i told him 2 back off or ill get his parents involved 2 which he replied that he didnt care its all come 2 a head now as on tuesday this wk this child tried 2 strangle our son in class 4 no reason now our son cried himself 2 sleep last nite which i neva want 2 c again and it took us ages 2 get him in2 school this mornin i was promised this mornin by the teachers that the child would b punished and i found out wen i got home from work that the child hasnt he has got away with it nothin has happened 2 the child at all. im fumin why should our son suffer like this.

we have tried talkin 2 the school but the headmaster refuses 2 accept that bullyin is going on in his school and brushes it under the carpet im so tempted 2 not send him in2 school 4 the rest of the wk as its not fair that he is made 2 suffer everyday im thinkin of gettin the police involved but i dont know how 2 approach them about it any ideas on what we can do as its heartbreakin watchin our son go through this every day xxxx

• VIP
Hi sorry to hear your going through all this , some schools are like this , my daughter was being bulled in primary school , she has no problems but the school wanted to hide it and told me it was not going on . I ended up taking her out of the school but before that happened the school did start doing something about it . Ask for the parents of the child to be brought in and ask for a meeting of all of you's . Note every time something happens with your son . If you find you arent getting anywhere then go to the eduction board that deals with your son school and fight it there . I'm sure the school will start to do something then .

Good luck xx
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• VIP
Hi,
I'm a teacher and unfortunately some school don't give adequate support and pretend bullying isn't happening. This is a "safeguarding issue" http://www.teachingtimes.com/news/ofsted-safeguarding.htm
If you are getting no support from the school they are failing in their duty to protect your child. Threaten to call oftsted, if that doesn't get their backsides in gear, follow through with the threat!
Xxx

Mam to Thea aged 4, and Nate nearly 7 months hypotonia, breathing difficulties ( oxygen and BIPAP), dysmorphic features, undiagnosed genetically as yet.HeartHeartHeart

• New member Moderation
hi i have 4 children i one which is in a special needs school but my eldest is 5 and she is fine nothing wrong with her until she got bullied then i took it to the head teacher and which sorted it but if she had not of done anything i was going to keep her off until something has happened to the child that was bulling because if you kept them off for the rest of the week they would still be getting bullied when they went back to school and i was going to take it to ofsted my self but they sorted it. I do hope that it gets sorted out for your son and you as you must be worrieing about him when he is at school x

• VIP
hi thanx 4 ur replies i called the education department and they said to write another letter to the headmaster explaining our concerns and what action we would like him 2 take which i have done this will b our 3rd letter in 4yrs. i have also contacted the police who are not very happy with the way this whole situation has been handled they have contacted the school directly and are waiting 4 the headmaster to contact them bk because as usual the headmaster wasnt there 2day hes never there the school is lucky if hes there more than 2 days a week. we r just going 2 wait now and c what the police say x