• VIP
Hi everyone, ok this i think is a really stupid question that i think i already know the answer to but does anyone know if family fund would help towards costs fo getting a dog? My middle daughter has autism as well as other things, and i have had a look at autism assisstance dogs for her but one charity is not accepting any more applications at the moment, plus with an autism assisstance dog you have to go and have training for between 1 and 2 weeks away from home, and there is no one i can leave the children with for that amount of time. So would family fund help so that i can get a normal dog and train it myself to help my daughter (to help her get out more without having constant meltdowns and to hopefully stop her running off too)?

• Administrators
What sort of dog are you looking for, out of interest? Not sure if family fund would fund something like that if I'm honest but I can certainly look at other avenues for you Smile has she ever been around a dog?x

• VIP
Hi there, I have definitely seen a post quite recently on the Family Fund Facebook page from someone who had just got a dog with their award so I'm sure they do awards for this.

Jayne

• VIP
well other than the ones she walks past in the street she hasnt been around one, but she doesnt get scared of them, she will walk really close to them. Im not really sure what sort of dog really, but a youngish one that can be trained (and will live longer) and not too big although it just depends, i need one that would be brilliant around Children as my youngest has a habbit of pulling bits on animals (so it might get its tail pulled and things like that in the beginning!)

• VIP
oh right, cool, i didnt even know they had a facebook page!