• Registered
I was wondering if there are any grants available for a Laptop. I have used the family fund 6 months ago - for a tumble dryer, so cant apply through them.

My 9 year old son has complex epilepsy, learning difficulties and SEVERE behaviour problems...I did have a laptop but he threw it at the Social Worker/Behaviour Nurse yesterday and it broke.....he has been vry violent n was taken to the emergency respite centre yesterday and 1 day over the weekend.....He tried to set me on fire, threatened to stab me n others.....etc etc....i cud go on 4eva.....but havent got the strength.....Social services are finally pushing CAMHS for an emergency assessment....as he may have mental health/personality or psychotic disorder? His SW has just told me dat he will be stayin at the respite centre again tonight - they told feel that its safe for me to be on my own wiv him....I have a 2yr old daughter too, but she's havin 2 stay at my sisters.

Any advice would be much appreciated......thankyou.

• VIP
Hi would a computer maybe not be better for your son and you can lock it up so he cant throw it ? Would save you on going through an other lap top . Sorry to hear you's are having it hard at the moment , hope everything works out xx
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• VIP
sorry to hear about your son, i that cebra do computers

• Registered
how do i go about claiming for a laptop for my 8 year old whos struggling at school with his adhd the only thing he fully pays attention to is computers

• VIP
(07-19-2011, 12:31 PM)kathryn kay Wrote: how do i go about claiming for a laptop for my 8 year old whos struggling at school with his adhd the only thing he fully pays attention to is computers

Have you tried family fund