• Registered
(11-01-2009, 08:05 AM)Daniel Wrote: Again remind me what council your under and ill look up their blue badge guidance

Thanks its BANES (Bath and north east somerset).

• Administrators
According to their website:

Do You Qualify?
You are automatically eligible to apply for a badge if you are over two years old and either:

receive the Higher Rate of the Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance

are registered severely sight impaired (blind)

receive a War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement

Subject to assessment you may also be eligible for a badge if you are over two years old and either:

have a permanent and sustainable disability which means you cannot walk, or which makes walking very difficult

drive a motor vehicle regularly, have a severe disability in both arms, and unable to operate all or some types of parking meter (or would find it very difficult to operate them)

If you are a parent of a child who is less than two years old, you may apply for a badge for your child if they have a specific medical condition which means that they either:

must always be accompanied by bulky medical equipment which cannot be carried around without great difficulty
need to be kept near a vehicle at all times, so that they can, if necessary, be treated in the vehicle, or quickly driven to a place where they can be treated, such as a hospital

I highlighted in red the one i would suggest basing an application on.
You could argue that he can not walk unaided safely and that he does not recognise the dangers of the road.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
Thanks Daniel. I will use this if I go for it. I think they probably interpret it as physical disability though. I wish councils would make it easier to get blue badges for autism/learning/behavioural difficulties etc Confused. It seems mad that we all need to try and get DLA mobility to get the badge. I don't want the money only the badge! Maybe I will move house to somewhere with a better council Smile

• Administrators
its bad when it comes to that lol Smile

• Administrators
To be fair though the Mobility element is a little bit of a red herring.
Our son does not have mobility in payment yet as hes not 3 years old.
But we have the blue badge until 2012 and have had it since he was 1 and bit.
So the rule about mobilty is not always relevant.

Try and sum up to me the reasons you would benefit and ill try and make it longer and more detailed and see what can be done for youBig Grin
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE