• Registered
Hello,
It looks like i might be one of the first on the forum but i hope the forum grows and grows.
I have a 5 year old boy called Tommy who is my little bundle of joy and whilst some people who do not undertstand may think he is not normal well he is so special and was put on earth for a very special reason,

Its about time we had something like this and yes i also feel the same about it all being a little lonely sometimes.

Here is a little poem i think off sometimes:

AUTISM IS A JOURNEY

Autism is a journey traveled by those so afflicted
and those wo are chosen to share their lives.
It is ia journey full of twists and turns, ups and downs
It is a journey often misunderstood by onlookers
who miss out on the great adventure.
It is a journey with obstacles to overcome.
It is a journey with many rewards to accompany the frustrations.
It is a journey on which we celebrate each and every accomplishment....
each word spoken, each word understood.
Autism is a journey which I have not chosen to take,
to a place I cannot see. But is is a journey traveled
with a very special person who has taught me about
patience, understanding and not taking anything in life for granted.
Autism is a journey...
It is a journey of hope.
It is a journey of love....

Lots of Love...

Sarah

XxXxX

• Administrators
Hi Sarah
Thank you for joing the forum,me and my partner have set up this forum to give support to other parents who have a disabled child.
I know myself how much the world can be a lonely place and how it can all feel a little stressful but at other times you really dont think about the childs disability as it just becomes your life.
Its funny to think how something so major just becomes routine in your life.

The poem was very touching and one which hopefully other parents of children with Autism will read and take hope from.

Once again thank you for joining and do stick around.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
Hi we have a gorgeous little boy who last year was diagnosed with ataxic cerebral palsy due to lack of oxygen suffered during his traumatic birth he is 3 years old now was under consultant and physio care for 18 months then discharged with us being constantly told he was fine then wham almost a year down the line we were told he had cp it has been a year of endless appointments ,,,,his cp has affected his speech he understands everything but cannot talk but is such a loving totally full of mischief fun and energy little boy a total joy .must admit have spent thhe entire year since his diagnosis chasing up everything everyone and looking for support! have found it is a case of want anything doing do it yourself hello to all sharon

• Administrators
(10-08-2009, 10:26 PM)shazzy Wrote: have found it is a case of want anything doing do it yourself hello to all sharon

Hi Shazzy,
I have highlighted this part of your post as i feel it was a very important thing you had said.
One of the reasons we have started this forum was because we also have a disabled child who is 2 and a half now and although we have a loving family network,none of them actually understand what we go through.
The struggles we face.
It is a very hard an lonely place and this is why i wanted to set up this forum as there is nothing else like it specifically to cater for parents of disabled chidren.
My partner Lucy will be along shortly to say hello.
Please stick around the forum Shazza as we are trying to make this a one stop forum for everybody and provide a complete service to everybody.
I hope you like the lay out of the forum and the features and let me know if we can do assist you in anyway.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE