• Registered
Hi, we've got a family fund advisor coming to our house on Monday & because it's our first application i'm a bit nervous. We really want it to go well.
What I'd like to know is if you've had a home visit, what do they do? do they need to see the child's room? (mine doesn't like people going in his room) and what information do they need? I know they ask for any reports from people that have seen him.
What to expect really. I've got all the paperwork I think she'll need, but thought i'd put this thread on just to get some helpful advice. Look forward to your responses.
Karynn

ps. I was told by the family fund advisor that they're trying to plough their way through the applications before the end of the financial year.

• VIP
Dont panic, i was so worried about this, when mine came round we sat at the table, she asked me about who my daughter see's and whats been said (it will be nothing you havent said millions of times before) i ended up getting my reports out it was easier and she just copied most of it from there, she didnt look round my house, they only really want to see/hear the child just so they know there is one, she didnt ask melissa to do anything, she was nice friendly and it wasn't a interview or anyting just a nice chat she even helped me with melissas pecs

• Registered
(03-06-2011, 09:48 AM)babyxxxxx Wrote: Dont panic, i was so worried about this, when mine came round we sat at the table, she asked me about who my daughter see's and whats been said (it will be nothing you havent said millions of times before) i ended up getting my reports out it was easier and she just copied most of it from there, she didnt look round my house, they only really want to see/hear the child just so they know there is one, she didnt ask melissa to do anything, she was nice friendly and it wasn't a interview or anyting just a nice chat she even helped me with melissas pecs

That's great, that has really put my mind at ease, thank you so much.

• Registered
Well I had our local Family Fund Advisor visit on Monday & she's a lovely woman. She just sat down at our dining table & asked me all about Rhys, when he was diagnosed, the problems he has at home & school. She asked me about my application form & the things that I applied for, which was a home computer for Rhys to help with maths & communications software - (his teacher is going to recommend some, i hope!), we also asked for clothes, bedding & a dishwasher, Rhys has asked to do some baking & with such a small kitchen we wouldn't be able to. I gave her examples of Rhys's behaviour at home & when we're out. I said that we rarely get trips to the cinema even though Rhys loves going because of the cost so she recommended asking for money towards days out too. Everything that we asked for she's going to include in her report & recommend the Family Fund consider it. She said we'll probably hear in about 4-6 weeks time, I'll keep you posted.
**Also, she said not to forget about the Family Fund & to bear them in mind for next year for maybe a holiday or equipment etc.**