• Moderators
can you get help with a dfg grant?? i am not sure how you go about getting one but if your son has an OT she should be able to do an assessment, even if it just puts a toilet upstairs as its not safe for him to go toilet at night on his own and we got a downstairs loo put in because ours is upstairs (did take them 2 yrs to get round to it though hehe)
There comes a point in your life when you realize:Who matters,Who never did,Who won't anymore...And who always will..
So, don't worry about people from your past,there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

• VIP
There might be like corinne said a grant to get the work done in your home . Has your son and step son always come to a head or is it a new thing ? It most be hard on you and your husband . They are both children and children do get on like this . I know my son has no speech and wont , you worry that bit more for them , i'm sure as your step son gets older and works out more that your son has problems he will go easier , boys are handle full most of the time anyhow x
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• New member Moderation
Hi thanks for your posts very helpfull, yes my stepson has always been a problem ever since he could walk lol, Its awfull as when we have have him all we seem to do is tell him off and set boundries, as when he is at his mums he gets away with murder (they think its funny) i have had a word with his mum about his behaviour and her suggestion was let them spend more time together (she doesnt really care or understand bradleys condition). Family and friends and also school teacher i nanny for have noticed step sons behaviour as they have all ,met or spent time with him , Its not just Bradley it all children hench school phoning, Now at the begging of last year myself and my husband split due to the children (step son) we have since had a counciler involved who observed step son and i have to say took my part and explained to my husband , Now me and my husband are stronger than ever. Still Bradley needs own space more than ever as at this min he is at my mams untill stepson goes home and i cant even vist as when he see me wants to come home i hate it, i no people might say what will a extra bedroom solve but it would solve everything as Bradley wouldnt be pushed out as during day we can keep boys occupied and bedtime would be as calm and normal for bradley as normal. Sorry to go on but this is the first time i have been able to vent all this and i have to say your comments are helpfull coming from an outsiders point of view. Thank you so much xx

• VIP
Hi i'm sure the extra room would do you's all good . Have they looked into maybe your step son having a few issues or just down to bad parenting ? Its hard on any family with step children i think , but i'm glad to hear that you's have come through it and become stronger . Glad you can vent on here , its great to be able to say things and get advice back from here , without someone judging you . Really hope you's get something sorted out and you's get the extra bedroom . Have you ever thought have asking to be put on the council housing ? You may be able to get re housed . Good luck xx
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• New member Moderation
No step son behaviour just down to bad parenting dont get me wrong we all make mistakes and no one is perfect as a parent. Your point on a council house has crossed my mind a few times and we did talk about renting but should we? as people are trying so hard to get on the propperty ladder and we would be stepping off but it would solve a lot of problems , this is going to sound rather silly but i have never rented a house before i bought mine at 18 years old and have been here 11 years, does it feel like your home can u decorate how you like i no that sounds strange , it would also save us money as we pay for insurances for heating electric, water pipes plumbing it comes to around £80 a month and if something went wrong with a rented house it is someone els who has to pay for it am i right?