• New member Moderation
I HAVE A PROBLEM and i dont think there is any answer but if anyone has any ideas please please please let me no, i bought my house ten years ago but still owe a lot its a 2 bed and i need 3 , Bradley is almost 7 with autism ( very badl) My step son is 5 who we have part time who is awfull to bradley and i cant trust him around bradley and bradley has no speach so cant tell me what has happend yes this has caused alot of problems for me and my husband at the moment my step son has to sleep with me and my husband or i have to ask my mam to have bradley over night , and i hate pushing bradley out for my stepson. We cant afford to move and dont think we would get asking price we did want loft done out but with me being self employed cant get a loan plus dont think could aford one . HELP

• Registered
Hi, It sounds like you are having an awful time when your 2 lads are together, and if thats the only reason you want to move then i think you just need to get to the bottom of why your step son is acting as he does.It seems really drastic to have to up sticks and move because of a 5 yr olds actions, and even if you do move to a bigger house it won't change your step sons behaviour. It might be easy for me to say, and I apologise if I'm sounding ignorant I don't mean to be, but from an outsiders point of view if you could get to the bottom of why he is acting like he is , and changing it then problem solved. He is only 5 so there is probably a reason, and it's probably nothing that can't be changed. Hope you manage to sort things out and have happy times with your 2 boys, love Ruth

• VIP
Hi maybe your step son is playing up to get attention from his father . You'll most likely notice if you had an other child they would play up as well . As Ruth said try to get to the bottom of it rather than having to sell up because off the children . It would most likely still carry on if you got a bigger place . I understand it most be hard for you's , but i'm sure your step son doesnt fully understand why your son is different to other children . My son's has a half brother who is only 18 months and hits him all the time (i know his brother is toddler ) my son is coming 3 , even though they are both young it is something that worries me as they get older . My son has no speech either and never will either . But i think when your step son gets older he'll understand more about his brother . Hope you get something sorted out xxx
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012

• VIP
do you have any ideas why your step son is doing what he is doing?

• New member Moderation
Thanks for your posts, but not only stepsons behaviour (even though school has been in touch due to it ) Brads room is a sensory room he uses it to relax before bed, plus he has a large bed with sides to stop him falling out and its a problem with bradleys toilet needs as bathroom is down stairs at other end of the house, so i am in and out during night to help with this we had a price to get loft done as a large bedroom with a toilet and full stair case and it was 7 grand, i cant work any more hours as i home school brad too. Step son has his dads attention morning noon and night and step son has been around brad since he was 7 months and he knows all about bradleys condition we made sure so we wouldnt have any problem so we thought when he was older. i could cry as i want to do the best for bradley but i dont no what els to do, hey ho pull myself together put on a smile and get on with it as best i can, ooh stepson with us for next 3 nights wish me luck xxx