• Registered
i have a 3 bed flat first floor and have 2 boys 11 and 15 who share a room. one has aspergers and room sharing is a nightmare due to lack of sleep. i have my room with my one year old daughter. and also a 5 year old daughter with learning dff and asd in the other room. I need to move them together but cant due to safety around the baby. im not on the council list as im h/a and they have no housing in this area where schools are and peads are. what can i do ?

• VIP
hi we are also h/a and we were able to exchange properties with tenants under a different h/a. maybe that is an option for you? if not,i'm not sure! good luck though.x

• Administrators
Have you ever been assessed by an occupational therapist in relation to your housing? Or have you approached your HA to see if they have any type of priority system for disabilities? We're council and completed a medical needs application which bumped us to the top of the list...or as chrissie said is their the possibility of an exchange? X

• VIP
(03-03-2011, 11:31 PM)evathediva Wrote: i have a 3 bed flat first floor and have 2 boys 11 and 15 who share a room. one has aspergers and room sharing is a nightmare due to lack of sleep. i have my room with my one year old daughter. and also a 5 year old daughter with learning dff and asd in the other room. I need to move them together but cant due to safety around the baby. im not on the council list as im h/a and they have no housing in this area where schools are and peads are. what can i do ?

i would possibly see if you could get on the council list. couldn't you phone up your h/a officer. Also have you tired the homeswapper website? it's free to join