• Administrators
Listed to the interview with the mum Riven Vincent.
The interview covers numerous things and also gives an insight into the daily life faced by her family.

Listen to the whole interview and feature if you can and listen around tbe 27 minute mark and hear a caller suggest the child should be put down Sad
Obviously the caller is very well to do and wanted to also know what benefits to the tax payer there are by keeping a severly disabled child alive.
The tax payer will be burdened by disabled children and dont want her taxes being spent on we must as a country priotise where money is spent.
The question was put to her does she think the child should be put down and she said "it depends on the level of disability"
I actually cried listening to this horrible horrible woman so be prepared.
Just think of your child listening to this and you know what i pay my bloody taxes.

In terms of respite the family recieve:

The family currently get 3 hours respite on a Saturday,3 hours on a Sunday and 3 hours on a Wednesday night.

In an ideal situation she would like respite each day after school from 3:30 until 6pm as her husband works part time and wants to allow him to work full time.

What are you thoughts on this?
Should the state provide extra funding to allow this or should it be limited?

Is this story just the tip of the iceberg as listening to the story i know many families live a very similar life style and in some cases much more demanding?

Is 3 hours a day every day a reasonable figure what do you think?
Is it too little or too much?

Listen to the full interview on the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg1SbeG2wtA

Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
I'm speechless, I really am
Don't look down on anyone unless your helping them up

• Administrators
Its shocking to think in todays world when we feel we maybe making progress on disability that its still obviously such a major taboo in so many peoples minds.
In all honesty i am a little shocked that the radio station did play this as they do prevet the callers and if they were talking about race and someone held similar views on a skin colour or religion it would not have aired.

Should the radio station have allowed this woman to go on air in the first place?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
They probably didn't know what she was going to say but I think she should have been cut off as soon as.
Just wonder is anything she has said would be considered criminal and whether the interview should be handed to the police???

I think it is, but it would depend on how the law is worded whether she would get away with such c**p

All I can really say I think I'm very lucky to have Christopher in my life he has enriched so much, and as for her comment about the affect on the NORMAL sibling in the home was also a load of bull, My eldest Adam is a young man I'm proud of he is caring and loving with his little bro and even outside the home I've had people tell of his care and consideration for others.

Also the one thing I know about our wonderful Children is they will never bring the police to our doors, I didn't hear about her complaining about all the NORMAL children who rob, who carry knifes and generally destroy peoples life with anti social behavior every day some as young as 8/9 what is so NORMAL about them.

Good Lord I can waffle lol

Bernie
Don't look down on anyone unless your helping them up

I am stunned that there are such heartless people in this world, I must say Riven and the presenters handled themselves well!! Absolutely gobsmacked!!
Proud mum of 3...... Dani,13, amazing child....Sofie,11, my smiler, physically disabled, 3 strokes aged 2, speech issues, learning difficulties, epilepsy.... and Luke,2, diagnosed with autism January 2011, non-verbal cheeky chappy.