• Administrators
Hey hun, I would recomend an organisation called IPSEA as apose to parent partnership as they are indipendant and I think more impartial than PP as they're not run by the LEA. Secondly, it sounds like you have a few people on your side so I would arrange a meeting with the school with his teacher, the head, the senco and maybe a couple of people to support you, either his paed if you can or his Health visitor, sit down together and make it clear you want to move things forward and make it work and you want to devise a plan of action together, might make them feel abit more open to it. It sounds like they're putting up a wall as they feel he's been forced on them but that's completely wrong of them to do that and no ones benefiting. As for the LEA saying he doesn't need to be full time until 5...well...I would completely appeal that, as for help from IPSEA on this as my social worker told us children with SEN benefit from being full time as early as possible, if he was in a special school they'd take him from 3 full time! So defo fight that one but I'd try and sort out the schools attitude first as it might help for them to be on board first Smile goodluck, these things can be so long and drawn out its stressfull!x

• Established member
Thankyou so much Lucy will be in touch with IPSEA as for sorting the schools attitude i have tried and have bit my tongue alot thro fear of saying the wrong thing. I keep persisting and will keep doing so. i dont have a social worker for Austin would it be in his benefit to get one? if so how do i go about this pls?? Thankyou once again x

• Established member
I have just had a call to say all of his age have had a hearing test However the nurse was not 100% confident with Austins results because of his lack of understanding and asked that i have another hearing test done. Thats fine i said so i called the clinic to be told the nurse who did the test should refer him after a long wait and me getting rather frustrated finally they are doing the referal for another test, Why did this woman just not put this thro why call me ?? sorry rant over

• Administrators
Well we got ours to sort out respite care for euan which is a whole different long drawn out process lol they don't make anything easy Smile we self refered to our local childrens disability team and had to wait about 3months to get one. I've found from talking to others its a bit hit and miss with social workers, it really depends what you want out of them, some are fab and can't do enough, others have money and budgets on the mind Confused xx