• Registered
i suppose if they say at the end for further investigation that will be something, lucy i have no doubt that you will easily get a statement. and that might give you all ths support you need. i guess im hoping that a diagnosis will get him the help he needs and into a special school. the statement should have done this but it didnt. do you wish for euan to attend a special school if he still needs it when hes 5 years old? do children with euans medical condition attend mainstream?

• Administrators
Yes they do but its a case of seeing how things go really.
The school we want is a mainstream school with a resource unit and is perfect in every sense but the thing where we worry is that if he was to be diagnosed with anything else then it may affect the whole plan.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
that is a worry, i wanted reece diagnosed so they could know which special school for him to go to. but then if hes dx ASD then he cant go into a speech unit. i just want him out of mainstream so much its making me ill. and my night terrors have been end of the world types of nightmares. my family support worker is coming to the review do you think i should ask her to come to the doctors assesment with me. just as support though.

how long can he stay? at the school euans going to. i got alex to stay in her nursery placement until she is 5. they usually move Children on to a mainstream nursery by 3 years old.

• Administrators
Well the resource unit is for all years through mainstream, he'll start part time nursery in april and we'll see how it goes. We have 18months before he starts proper school but like I say, the outreach unit is within the mainstream school so we'll have to see how he goes. It might be that they support him and he's ok, or it might be that they support him and he still doesn't cope.....its just knowing how he's going to develop as he grows he could go either way really but I'm kinda hoping that starting him in nursery he will improve as he has longer to adjust. But then he might cope there and not propper school. I suppose its just a waiting game xx

• Registered
Hopefully you should have some say Lucy. Owen goes to mainstream but with full time 1 to 1 TA (not that that would have been my preference particularly but thats another story) so the resource unit ought to take him with the appropriate help.