• Administrators
Wise words Corinne....Blush
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
im so nervous, i just need her to agree to investigate autism. as when they did that for alexandria it turned from us just having play with toys and see where her development was at to a very detailed set of questions that each has a scoring for. i mean if after that she still says its not autism, i want another diagnosis other than speech and language delay with behaviours and autistic traits as secondary. school have said its the other way around and they will support me in saying that.

• Administrators
What about PDD-NOS (pervasive development disorder not otherwise specified) - its when they dont fulifill all the criteria for autism. Isn't that like a diagnosis although not very specific but means there are areas of autism there and they still need intervention? Xx

• Registered
its not pdd-nos, their isnt any in between bits where hes normal. he needs full on support to do almost everything. he only has the basic self care skills, his communication is better than alexs but its still servely delayed and its like a toddler speaking.

what would you say if they offered this dx for euan? do you find he only has autistic tendancys some of the time? or is it full on every mintute of the day and night, even when hes having a quiet 'hour' playing its still not what a normal child that age would be doing, even when they are getting something they really like?

• Administrators
I don't know what to think about euan anymore. I know he's different thats for sure but he actually can, when hes on his own with us, be remotly normal for an hour or so then he reverts back to being the way he is most the time, aggressive along with his odd strict ways. I suppose he doesnt play with his toys in a normal way but when they get him to do things like painting at the cdc he will sit there for a short while occupied aslong as no one interferes and he is doing as he pleases. I'm more worried about his aggression and how he will cope in nursery with other children because he just doesn't like them, he gives them a wide birth and gets very upset if they touch his things and interfere. I have been doing alot of research into behavioural problems associated with his medical condition and there does seem to be some, more than children with other chronic illness'. He does get crystals build up in his brain so obviously it is going to have some sort of neurological effect. Its just that either way, if its medical or not he still needs HELP in my eyes and i think i'd appreciate them giving him any diagnosis aslong as i was able to access relavent help for him to try and make school easier for him.

The school i have chosen is great though and they are going to assess him for a statement so i'm really pinning my hopes on them i suppose, i've mentally given up on the cdc i think. They make me feel like i'm at fault in some way.

xx