• VIP
(03-01-2011, 09:08 AM)SusieL66 Wrote: Oh honey - it's so true isn't it - you can choose friends but you can't choose your family!

It could be that they are just very ignorant and scared of your son's condition. They obviously can't cope with his diagnosis and it looks like your stupid sis-in-law doesn't want you to cope either!

I'd leave the phone ringing - as for keeping ringing you, doesn't she have a life of her own to get on with??

Just hold your head up and try to rise above it - they're just making themselves look stupid (and doing a pretty good job of it by the sounds of it!). Maybe your sis-in-law is jealous and it sounds like her and her mother are egging each other on a bit! Ignore them hun - you've more important little people to focus on. Big hug. xx

ah thanx hun ive decided 2 let them all get on with it i havent got time 2 b playin their childish games i have 2 children and one on the way 2 cope with i dont need their attitude in my life. ah my sis in law is seriously weird she hates her mum spendin anytime with us, on the rare occassion she does c us my sis in law is always ringing her askin wen shes going home. my mother in law hardly spent any time with us she pandas 2 my sis in law yet she treats her like dirt my sis in law has physically attacked my mother in law in the past and yet she still does everythin 4 her and nothin 4 us. we asked her once 2 babysit our Children so we could go out 4 dinner for the 1st time since we had children on our own we asked her 3 months in advance and she cancelled the nite before cause my sis in law said she cant babysit our Children she had 2 babysit her son we were fuming 2 say the least. ive given up on them now ive taken 8yrs of rubbish from them im not doin it anymore ive cut all contact with my sis in law and as for my mother in law well she knows where we live she can make the effort we are not we r concentratin on our son with asd, our daughter who is very feisty and outgoin bless her and bump which is growin really fast and im only 6wks lol hope ur ok hun sendin hugs bk xxxxx

• VIP
Good for you!! They'll cave in first cos they won't be able to stand not knowing what's going on in your life.

Sounds like your sis-in-law is a right bully - and is directing it at your mum-in-law. I think your mil needs to stand up to your sil for everyone's sake. xx

PS: my little boy is autistic and I know how much of my time is taken up looking after him. Just take care of you and your family - that's all that matters. x

• VIP
hi everyone ive now split up with my partner because of my mother in law i have no idea how im going cope with a 7yr old who is autistic a 3 yr old and a baby on the way but ill find a way i always do so ull prob find me on here alot more often cause ill b stressed 2 the max lol x

• VIP
Hi, I am really sorry to hear that.....but at the moment if that is your decision and it feels right well you have to go with your instinct, maybe later on you will have a change of mind and realise his family is not worth it.

I really dont understand why families have to be so horrible sometimes-we have enough stress and worries without them jumping on the band wagon!! Dont they see that its the extra help and support we need.

You have got a lot of work on your hands at the moment and will need to rest and get lost of help when the baby comes. I have a little one with Autism and now how hard and unpredictable some days can be. Good Luck and keep us updated.
Things can be hard on occasions but well worth it!Heart

• VIP
Hi sorry to hear that ambie , hope your holding up ok , its never easy when you split up from anyone and even worse when its been family that has got in the way , we're all here to support you . Wish you all the best and hope everything work's out for you and your family xx
Single mum to a 14year old daughter and a son who is 3years old who has severe learning disability , hypotonia , hypermobility , visual impaired and sensory issues , he has showed me the meaning of life Heart and 3rd baby due 2nd of January 2012