• VIP
I know how you feel having frustrations as well I have just found another website that funds the whole holiday instead of a contribution I have emailed them to ask so you could too to see if they could fund the whole thing instead of just contributing some. The website is http://www.happydayscharity.org/funding_holidays.html
Will I EVER stop having to fight for my son to have what he NEEDS!? Huh

• VIP
Hi, Sorry didn't mean too put you on a off!!!!! Please check your local Thomas Cook as they may be better than ours, also if you are able to go during school term it would be cheaper!!! On a positive note Disney Paris was a lovely place to go and our little girl did love it, they also do a exit pass so you don't queue for any of the rides, we just took a doc letter explaining her disability and had an exit pass for the 5 days. Good Luck

• Administrators
We went to Disney via Family Fund and booked through thomas cook and the shop where we booked were very helpful and knew the best hotels and stuff and the best way to get the most for our money.
To allow us to get the better hotel we did a drive holiday which worked out fantastic and it meant we didnt have to take medications or pumps through airports etc.

So it was planned that we would take the ferry from dover to calias and then do the 2 and half hour drive to the park.
The roads on the way to Disney were clear and much better than UK motorways as they are clear and dont have the UK GRIDLOCK so the journey was very pleasant with so many pull ins along the way to stop off easily and not like the UK services experience you could just pull off the motorway and find easy picnic areas and parks quite surreal really as it was so less stressful than a UK journey.

The beauty of self drive was that we did it in our time and could take everything we wanted without any fuss.
Plenty of clothing,medications,medical gear and without the evils or lugging through the airport and the mad customs men looking at all the medications thinking we were looking to blow a plane up.
I also think its something worth considering if you have wheelchairs as it just means you have none of the hassle of the hold etc.

The ferry costs around £55 for the whole family and our fuel was around about £60 from birmingham to dover to Paris so not bad at all.
It allowed us to get a deal for Me.Lucy and 3 Children to get to Disney land paris stopping in the seqia lodge 4 nights and 5 days for under £950 but with the bonus of having ALL OUR MEALS PROVIDED which was a major money saver.......

If you enjoy driving allow meto suggest self driving it truly was a joy
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
Daniel did thomas cook sell you the vouchers for all of your meals included and was that lunch as well or just breakfast and dinner?
Will I EVER stop having to fight for my son to have what he NEEDS!? Huh

• Administrators
(02-27-2011, 07:47 PM)lubynoo Wrote: Daniel did thomas cook sell you the vouchers for all of your meals included and was that lunch as well or just breakfast and dinner?

It was a Disney package they were running at the time which included all meals as a set price and we were given vouchers at the resort.
We had breakfast,dinner in certain restraunts and tea in certain restraunts.
But we did have a good selection to choose from.
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE