• Administrators
Think there are other considerations as well such as housing benefit,council tax benefit etc they need to account for.
Did you try the benefit checker and how did that compare to what you currently recieve?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• VIP
tried that checker but sorry but i do not understand how to use it lol, ive tried to do it twice now today but its hard to understand what to in put in the boxes

• Administrators
(02-27-2011, 05:43 PM)little legs Wrote: tried that checker but sorry but i do not understand how to use it lol, ive tried to do it twice now today but its hard to understand what to in put in the boxes
What boxes are you struggling with?
Looking for sensory toys at affordable prices then look no further

Sensory toys for children with special needs CLICK HERE

• Registered
(02-27-2011, 11:30 AM)little legs Wrote: been told the benifits office will deduct the full careres allowence from your benifits if you claim careres is this true? i thought you could earn up to £90 odd a week before you get this deducted, seems a bit mad that one department gives it to you, then the other takes it from you at the same time,

Hi

yes this is true but for some bizarre reason they give you a premium for being a carer, then deduct your allowance I am single and get £41 something that is after my premium and deduction. hope this helps

• VIP
They take the £53.90 out of your income support and then give you a £30 carers premium but because you also get income support they take the £53.90 of the income support you were receiving in order to be able to give you carers allowance.

For example if your income support is £60 a week they take away £53.90 and then add on the £30 premium so you are left with £36.10 from income support and £53.90 from the carers allowance so you end up better of in the long run as you get £90 a week instead of the £60 income support you would have had. It's because they take carers out of effectively the same pot and they don't think they should be giving you that much income support when you are not on really low money because you are getting the carers allowance.

Also if you get tax credits and your child gets higher rate DLA care you get a premium added. I think you can get a premium if the child gets middle rate DLA care but it's less.
Big Grin
Will I EVER stop having to fight for my son to have what he NEEDS!? Huh