• VIP
hi, we applied for a downstairs bedroom and bathroom our son is in the same room as us, had an asessment from social services OT, whom were to support the application. we had the technical dept come out to look at how the works could be achieved and it went to panel, the first decision was 6 wks to look for alternative accomadation this time passed no alternative was found so back to panel again. we have just been told the decision has now been made to look again for alternative accomadation in housing association and private rented because the cost of the works is to much £40,000.
having moved out of mortgaged property into council because my house could not be adapted, changed my daughters school, spent all our spare money on decorating and settling in nicely we are now faced with the prospect of being moved again and i dont know what to do.
I never thought it would happen to me.

• VIP
(02-25-2011, 08:02 PM)lexie lamb Wrote: hi, we applied for a downstairs bedroom and bathroom our son is in the same room as us, had an asessment from social services OT, whom were to support the application. we had the technical dept come out to look at how the works could be achieved and it went to panel, the first decision was 6 wks to look for alternative accomadation this time passed no alternative was found so back to panel again. we have just been told the decision has now been made to look again for alternative accomadation in housing association and private rented because the cost of the works is to much £40,000.
having moved out of mortgaged property into council because my house could not be adapted, changed my daughters school, spent all our spare money on decorating and settling in nicely we are now faced with the prospect of being moved again and i dont know what to do.
i think there is a chairty called the act foundation. maybe they might be able to fund some of it

• VIP
We are having a battle just to get OT to come out and assess our property which we own. Reasons they have given so far to our Health visitor and social worker for not wanting to get involved are,
- we own our house so it's our responsibility
- if we haven't got room then move
- the DFG only goes up to 30 grand, isn't enough for an extension so there no point
And finally...
- we have a 2 bed house and one girl one boy, therefore we are overcrowded and they won't build us a room as we should move and that we are "trying it on" saying we need a room for Nate and his equipment and storage!!!!!
Head and brick wall spring to mind!
Xx

Mam to Thea aged 4, and Nate nearly 7 months hypotonia, breathing difficulties ( oxygen and BIPAP), dysmorphic features, undiagnosed genetically as yet.HeartHeartHeart

• VIP
Oh no missed another reason they gave us- children under 7 can't have a room on a floor other than their parents! Never mind the fact that what we are after is a room on top of a downstairs extension!! Might help if they'd come out but they won't return calls

Mam to Thea aged 4, and Nate nearly 7 months hypotonia, breathing difficulties ( oxygen and BIPAP), dysmorphic features, undiagnosed genetically as yet.HeartHeartHeart

• VIP
Sorry had a rant there. In reply to the original poster, it's worth a try but don't get your hopes up. You might be better going through a charity x