• Registered
our ot said we didnt qualify for the grant,im not sure i believe her.
my daughter is 3 has downs and diabetes.
we want to extend our house,giving her a larger bedroom with en-suite,to help her be more independent as she grows.also a downstairs wet room,incase she isnt very moblie,as she dosnt walk yet.
the ot said,we cant give the grant because she cant have both en-suite and wet room.
also because we wasnt having a lift instead of stairs.
dos anyone know if this is true,or if there is a way around this.thanks

• VIP
(02-25-2011, 09:27 AM)paulakyle Wrote: our ot said we didnt qualify for the grant,im not sure i believe her.
we want to extend our house,giving her a larger bedroom with en-suite,to help her be more independent as she grows.also a downstairs wet room,incase she isnt very moblie,as she dosnt walk yet.
the ot said,we cant give the grant because she cant have both en-suite and wet room.

I think you will find they are right.We was only given an extension and wet room (we paid £18,000 on top of DfG) because our daughter is profoundly disabled ,she cannot walk at all thus carrying her up and downstairs was becoming dangerous .

• VIP
(02-25-2011, 09:27 AM)paulakyle Wrote: our ot said we didnt qualify for the grant,im not sure i believe her.

Sorry just saw that you stated she doesnt walk .Will she be able to walk in time ?

• Registered
(02-25-2011, 01:35 PM)dallas1 Wrote:

Sorry just saw that you stated she doesnt walk .Will she be able to walk in time ?

thanks,yes she will hopefully walk.