• VIP
I never heard of this organisation before but i just saw the last few minutes of a programme on channel 5 about it.

Channel 5 10:00am Sun 27 Feb
Season 1 Episode 2 of 10
A 14-year-old boy from Doncaster and his younger sister visit Disney World in Florida. They both suffer from cystic fibrosis, a life-shortening condition that affects all the major organs, but the holiday provides an unforgettable experience for them. Back in the UK, the charity's dedicated fundraisers work hard to raise money at a one-day event in Canary Wharf, London

http://www.starlight.org.uk/
HeartHeart Stacy HeartHeart
Mother to Terry 10 MLD + ADHD, Nicole 9 Cri-du-chat Syndrome ADHD Asthma GDD Coarctation, Jessica 4 Cri-Du-Chat Syndrome GDD Reflux

• VIP
thanks i was wanting to watch that but forgot, ive booked it to record on sunday. xx

• VIP
i saw that and it's good, i think that it is on very week

• Administrators
I watched it on demand lastnight, was good!!! I had heard if them as euans hospital have a computer and tv in a big case which must of been provided by them or sponsored as it has starlight written on the side but you do forget Confused it was really good!! I loved watching the family that had 2 children with cystic fibrosis go to disneyland florida, the little girls face was a picture and her older brother was so lovely and caring toward her. Was a great program, will be watching every week Smile

• VIP
I love watching this programme. This was the second one of the series, and a particularly touching one in the way the big brother wanted his wish for his little sister. The world could use more people like him. x
On a Mummy moan though, I was a little sad that when we applied to Starlight, even though Zak met all of the criteria...he is life limited, life threatning conditions, severely disabled etc.....he apparently is too disabled for this charity, because "he can't make his own wish". Just a grumpy Mum moan...doesn't take away the fact I think what the charity provides is AMAZING! x
Mags, Mum to Ash (12) and Zak (4). Zak has very severe spastic quad CP, Lennox Gastaut Syndrome, Reg blind, Gastrostomy fed, profound GDD, Epilepsy and bloomin' cute.