Hi,
Does the council not have an adapted register? We applied to ours in October 09, got offered a 4 bed adapted house in May 10 which is a new build which we are due to move into in April Smile ....we had to apply for adapted as my daughter 11 is a wheelchair user and her bedroom/wet room will be downstairs. Our physio also involved CEAS ( childrens equipment adaptions service) who work on your behalf to get everything needed taking into account the whole families needs, is there anything like this in your area? We got a 4 bed as I've 2 other children, a boy and girl. I'm not sure about obligation to build a house for you but surely they could extend a 3 bedroom one to a four if no other choice?
Proud mum of 3...... Dani,13, amazing child....Sofie,11, my smiler, physically disabled, 3 strokes aged 2, speech issues, learning difficulties, epilepsy.... and Luke,2, diagnosed with autism January 2011, non-verbal cheeky chappy.

• VIP
have you spoken to your gp, and your health vistor to see if they could write you a letter, to see if that could help you

• VIP
Hi just a quick update on our housing situation. A medical re housing officer came yesterday to assess us and we were told in her 12 years in the job she had not met a family as complex as ours !! She was in fact really nice and has said we will get A+ priority which is the highest they can give. Finding us a suitable home to meet all our needs will not be that easy unfortunately, so I am still uncertain of how long we will be waiting to be rehoused. At least I now feel that some thing is finally happening. xx
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain .....

• VIP
(03-05-2011, 12:02 PM)Debbie G Wrote: Hi just a quick update on our housing situation. A medical re housing officer came yesterday to assess us and we were told in her 12 years in the job she had not met a family as complex as ours !! She was in fact really nice and has said we will get A+ priority which is the highest they can give. Finding us a suitable home to meet all our needs will not be that easy unfortunately, so I am still uncertain of how long we will be waiting to be rehoused. At least I now feel that some thing is finally happening. xx

that is great news, hope u get somewhere soon

• VIP
Hi just wanted to share our fantastic news. After re contacting our local council a person from medical re housing came out and 2 OT's to assess Jack,Elly and me. Last week we received the letter confirming we had top priority and we bid on a property that we loved but didn't dare hope we would get. Well today the OT phoned us and said we came top of the list for it and she has assessed the house and its ours if we want it. A lift, tracking,hoist,bathing and wet room need to be put in but it is perfect for us. We had been told to expect a very long wait as our needs were complex but it goes to show sometimes there is a silver lining
Debbie
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain .....